Senior Software Engineer (Private Equity)
Schroders plc with headquarters in London employs over 5500 talented people worldwide, operating from 42 offices in 37 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders in Switzerland is a renowned Financial Institution with around 500 employees located in Zurich and Geneva. For our private clients we provide tailor made investment solutions and complementary financial services. On behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, we invest in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. We are also specialized in providing high-quality private equity solutions to our clients.
Schroders Capital is the private markets investment division of Schroders Group. With $65bn AUM and 498 employees, we cover a broad range of asset classes out of 19 offices globally. We provide investors with access to a broad range of private equity investment opportunities across buyout and growth investments, as well as for venture capital with a focus on what we consider the most attractive parts of the global private equity market.
Due to our tremendous growth, we are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer (Private Equity) Job Specification:
- Design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology for Schroders Capital's Private Assets platform.
- Take responsibility of new developments and maintenance of in-house developed and commercial applications
- Oversee migration the migration of our reporting platform to cloud
- Manage changes in applications across their entire lifecycle, from design over build, testing and training to the release stage, in collaboration with the vendor and contractors
- Create and maintain technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Support users in daily operations (2nd/3rd level incident and problem management)
- Engineer or Master Degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
- Very good understanding of engineering disciplines and concepts
- First work experience preferably in the finance or private equity industry or in a similar role
- Solid in programming in a Microsoft environment (.Net, C#, IIS, ASP.Net, MVC, WCF, WPF, SQL Server)
- Solid in webservice implementation and proven experience in Git, DevOps, CI and CD
- Good experience with OpenXML and report production (excel, word, pdf)
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of an agile team
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) German would be an asset
We offer a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment as well as modern employment conditions in an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. The office is located only 5 minutes from Zurich-Oerlikon main station.
Schroders Capital Management (Switzerland) AG
8050 Zurich, Switzerland