We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
ESG Research Analysts evaluate various industries and companies to make investment recommendations to PIMCO's portfolio managers group, integrating ESG factors into investment recommendations. The Research Analyst will work closely with the ESG group and with Credit Research teams, and the wider Portfolio Management group. The role will be located in London. The ESG Analyst will be allocated a desk on our trade floor, sitting with Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts. This will be an unparalleled opportunity to learn from industry experts in a powerhouse of fixed income and macro-economic expertise. Position Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an ESG field within financial services preferred
- Advanced degree with an emphasis in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues or related areas
- Demonstrable interest in ESG, climate chance and related areas
- A fluent level of written and spoken English
- Excellent analytical skills Skills conducting research, quantitative analysis and basic financial modeling.
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, climate change and sustainable finance Innovative in thinking about sustainable investment ideas and tools that incorporate both environmental and financial data.
- Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities .
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office