$14 Billion Dollar Investment Manager is searching for a Financial Accountant who will report directly to the Head of Financial Reporting and be a part of a team of 6, the team has responsibility for financial reporting, client fees, VAT, Tax, Regulatory reporting and oversight of fund activity. The role has responsbility for a wide variety of financial reporting tasks including interim and year-end financial statements, balance sheets reconciliation, Fund rebares, VAT returns, Fund Accounting Oversight.
- Preparation of group year-end Financial Statements for several group companies
- Assist with the audit process
- Assess impact of new and amended IFRS standards on group accounting and Financial Statements
- Oversight of fund financial reporting prepared by outsource provider and assist with fund audits
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for specific balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of group quarterly VAT returns using partial exemption special method and provide guidance on vat rules and collection of data
- Various Fund related tasks – AMC, expenses, OCF’s, KIID’s, rebates, management accounts, dilution levy
- Process monthly accounting entries and relating to Investment Manager's client nominee’s invoice and commission
- Assist with regulatory returns and prepare PRIIPS reporting data
- Provide assistance to other areas of the finance team in relation to improving processes and assisting with more complex excel formula
- Ad hoc General ledger postings
- Other, reasonably required by line manager and the Investment Manager.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Strong communication ability with internal and external parties.
- Good time management and prioritisation.
- Flexibility to perform different and varied tasks.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and work on own initiative.
- Systems Literate (excel, word and outlook) with excellent excel skills
- Experience of using SunSystems and Q&A advantageous.
- Retail financial services background would also be advantageous.
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- VAT Partial Exemption
- Qualified Accountant, ACA preferred from a small/medium audit firm
- Alternatively a recently qualified accountant from another investment or asset manager