We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
PIMCO is building a new team that will sit at nexus of automation tools, systems, software and Trading Technology. The group will consist of versatile full stack engineers who maintain and expand the capabilities of PIMCO's Trading Systems including near green field global cross-asset execution management capabilities. The team exists in the space between traditional systems administration and development, and seeks to unify both foundational competencies in the DevOps space.
- Act as the main point of contact for front office users of a complex electronic trading platform. You will build telemetry and automation solutions that are in alignment with the broader technology platforms; Support incident responses, blameless postmortem, design and implement the product improvement to prevent incident reoccurring.
- Analyze effort patterns (user queries, service requests, incidents, workflows) for optimization.
- Design, code, test, and deliver software to eliminate manual operational work.
- Implement self-healing and resiliency patterns, exercise failure cases regularly to validate resilience assumptions.
- Plan, lead, supervise and optimize the production related software and infrastructure for capacity and resiliency
- Minimum 5 years of front office trading floor technology support
- 3+ years supporting automated or algorithmic plants preferred with a solid knowledge of EMS/OMS
- Hands on experience deploying and configuring monitoring solutions (Geneos, Splunk, Grafana, Solar Winds, ITRS Geneos, Dynatrace, Jaeger, Prometheus, OpenTelemetry )
- Experience with scripting / coding / software development in at least one major language (Java, Python, C, C++, C#, etc) - designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- System and network administration and troubleshooting skills (Unix and Windows). Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
- Knowledge of fixed income and/or equities products
- Proficiency with any major RDBMS
- Systematic, fact based decision making and problem solving.
- Strong curiosity and bias for pro-active planning, action, ownership, learning and continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to nurture relationships with all internal/external partners, promoting diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture
- Ability to develop expert product & capabilities knowledge. Ability to leverage this knowledge to work through complex use-cases and determine on-the-fly workarounds with users
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering field.
- An understanding of ITIL support standard methodologies and experience with
- Service Management (Incident/Problem/Change Management, etc)
Additional Experience Appreciated:
- Experience with DevOps tools a plus (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Understanding and practical application of SRE principles (SLI/SLO/Error Budget, etc)
- Cloud environment experience
- Experience with Chaos Engineering
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office