WMF US Fund Controller
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Wellington Managed Funds US Fund Controller will report to the WMF-US Associate Director.
Wellington Managed Funds US (WMF-US) is responsible for the oversight and support of Operations, Accounting, and Administration for Wellington-sponsored commingled funds and limited partnerships. This role requires frequent collaboration with other Wellington teams and external service providers.
- Assist with the annual audit process, including financial statement reviews, and working closely with fund auditors and service providers
- Review fund expense budgets/analyses and prepare forecasts for internal departments and governance committees
- Assist with the preparation and review of regulatory filings such as DOL Form 5500, OCC Call Report, and Form PF
- Utilize IT skills and knowledge to identify and implement efficiencies through the development of IT tools and databases
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including internal parties and external service providers
- College undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or business (progress toward a graduate degree, CPA, or CFA qualification is a plus)
- 2 to 5+ years of experience in the asset management industry in a fund administration, auditor, advisor, or related role that includes financial reporting experience with complex instruments, including derivatives
- Strong core IT skillset and ability to work effectively with a variety of IT applications (ie Access, Python, etc), as well as the ability to self-learn additional IT skills over time
- Ability to lead the building and implementation of automation tools using core IT skills to create efficiencies in existing processes
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively at a detailed level while maintaining a high-level perspective of the work being performed
- A person who demonstrates appropriate judgment, professional skepticism, and the ability and willingness to challenge peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other individuals
WMF US Fund Controller JOB FAMILY
Wellington Funds Group LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .