We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking for a senior Commodities Economist/Strategist to join the Commodities desk in our Newport Beach, CA headquarters. Working collaboratively with the team, you will identify and analyze major economic issues and trends in the commodities industry, with intent to guide asset allocation and commodity views. The ideal candidate will work closely with the commodities and real asset desk, global economist team, firmwide and regional investment committees, and credit-focused portfolio managers. Expertise in petroleum, carbon, and/or metals is ideal, as well as previous work on asset allocation.
• Lead commodity desk macro forecasting effort and contribute to relative value research efforts.
• Analyze and interpret complicated quantitative and qualitative data. Create broad investment themes based on this data. Identify key themes driving different market segments and markets as a whole.
• Develop and maintain a suite of econometric models to analyze the interrelationship between commodities and various aspects of the economy and inflation considerations.
• Regular interaction between strategists, investment committees, portfolio managers and client-facing distribution teams, relaying key conclusions impacting portfolio construction.
• Discuss PIMCO's economic outlook around Commodities with clients, media and at industry conferences. Position Requirements:
• Minimum of an advanced degree in Economics or a related quantitative/ analytical field.
• Strong understanding of commodities and inflation sensitive assets, coupled with practical experience in data analysis including conducting economic and/or quantitative studies using applied micro- or macroeconomic theory.
• Exceptional analytical skills, strong initiative and excellent written and oral communications skills in English. In addition to strong quantitative skills, the ability to communicate complex matters in non-technical terms is essential. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office