A New York-based Quantitative Equity Investment Manager is looking for an experienced Client Portfolio Manager. This is a role within the Equity Investment Management team where the senior CPM is expected to author investment performance reports as well as service, monitor, and retain existing clients. The role is responsible for communicating the firm’s investment philosophy, performance results, portfolio positioning, and performance attribution reports for the firm's Institutional Clients which include corporate pension plans, public retirement systems, and endowments/foundations.
The firm offers a broad range of equity strategies covering all styles (core, growth, and value) and market capitalization (all cap. large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap), enhance active (120-20 and 130-30) and market neutral.
This role will require the ability to synthesize and communicate the firm's investment process and equity market conditions while building superb relationships with the firms’ institutional clients. A solid understanding of the equity business as well as the experience working with complex quantitative equity portfolios is a requirement.
Responsibilities will involve frequent face-to-face client meetings and some marketing responsibilities. The CPM will be accountable for meeting a wide array of client needs and partnering successfully with our investment team.
The firm will not look at candidates who have been portfolio managers. The firm is looking for a candidate who has been an Equity Product Specialist with an MS from a top school, a CFA, and proven experience communicating complex quantitative equity investment strategies to institutional investors.
- Represent the equity investment strategy and results to the firms existing institutional clients
- Develop and write equity investment performance and attribution geared toward explaining why and what happened
- Deal with day-to-day queries raised by the firms’ clients
- MS from a top school is preferred
- CFA is preferred
- Strong understanding of quantitative equity investment strategies
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills to deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and numeracy skills
- Ability to relate and coordinate different teams, and develop relationships
- Ability to build rapport with portfolio management and sales teams
- Analytical and problem-solving mind
- Self-motivated with initiative
- Excel, Axioma, Barra, and Factset skills and experience required
Keywords: Client Portfolio Manager, Equity Investment Strategies, Performance Attribution
Please send resumes to Jim Geiger firstname.lastname@example.org