Manager Technical Support
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australien
Manager Technical SupportThe opportunity
We currently have a unique full time, open term opportunity for a Technical Support Manager to join QIC's Operations and Technology team based in our Brisbane Head Office. This newly created position reports to the Head of Technology and will form part of the Technology leadership team, responsible for leading the applications and user support function to provide high quality services to our users.
As an experienced leader and technologist, this dynamic role will provide you with the opportunity to influence and collaborate with leaders while coaching and mentoring a geographically dispersed team. Your expertise in operational technology will enable to you to contribute and strive towards QIC's global expansion objectives, including ensuring end user and application support levels are maintained to a high standard in all regions.
QIC's progressive technology landscape and 'cloud first' approach to technology requires a sophisticated and responsive user support function that will enable our high performing users to achieve organisational goals. This role will be critical in the success of establishing and maintaining a reliable and trusted support function.
Specifically, your focus will be to:
- Establish service level agreements for Technology support and implement programs to achieve objectives.
- Ensure end user support of incidents and requests are appropriately managed against SLA's and targets and prepare and present regular performance reports.
- Ensure business applications are appropriately supported including end user support and established data integration requirements.
- Manage the Technology support staff including recruitment, workload management, task allocation and professional development. Define team member KPIs in line with business unit objectives.
- Establish and improve quality systems and procedures in the pursuit of operational excellence.
- Ensure communication and escalation procedures are established and followed between support staff and all other Technology team members.
- Provide leadership, supervision and direction to direct reports including lead, inspire, coach and retain a high performing engaged team, fostering an environment that encourages collaboration to deliver quality innovative solutions.
- Set and manage performance expectations and reviews with direct reports,
- Role model the QIC Standards of Excellence and QIC Leadership Blueprint.
- Participate in QIC projects and initiatives to determine the technology support requirements.
- Provide vendor management to designated support third parties including monitoring and assessing of service levels and risks.
- Identify and evaluate potential technology risk factors, ensure mitigating controls exist and establish processes to effectively monitor.
- Monitor and manage technology support expenses and defining budget in conjunction with Head of Technology.
The ideal candidate
With a strong focus on leadership, the key capabilities include:
- Ideally 10 years' experience within the IT industry coupled with significant leadership experience
- Proven experience resolving IT problems and mitigating operational risk to the business
- Ability to formulate strategies, plans, policies and standards relating to the provision and support of IT services
- Strong understanding and experience using ITIL based processes
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and previous experience working with and leading a geographically dispersed team
- Solid understanding of Financial Industry, including the back, middle and front office processes
- Demonstrated business acumen and strong commercial focus
- Strong client focus and a service orientated approach
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
QIC Limited (QIC) is a leading global alternatives investment provider for sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds and other institutional investors. QIC delivers services to over 110 like-minded institutional investors in Australia and internationally with more than A$81.1 billion (30 April 2017) in funds under management.
Spanning fixed interest and liquid strategies, infrastructure, real estate, private capital and multi-asset solutions, QIC adapts its approach to suit the investor and the investment context.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation - one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and this includes feeling like his or her difference is valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.