See job description for details
Permanent Role | Security Clearance not needed | Canberra based Your new company
An exciting new opportunity is available for a Cyber Security Technician on a Permanent basis at one of Canberra's leading IT solution providers. Your new role
The Cyber Security Technician role sits within our Maintenance Team and reports to the Cyber Security Manager. This role will be required to work rotational shifts. As a Cyber Security Technician, you will support team members and deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results oriented. Candidate must be experienced & willing to work on foundational and emerging cyber security technologies in business environments. This role is expected to achieve KPI's and provide ownership and accountability for our managed services with exceptional communication from start to finish.
What you'll need to succeed
- Analyse IT specifications to assess security risks as well as act on privacy breaches and malware threats.
- Monitoring systems for security vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring all applications, whitelisting and logs.
- Actioning security alerts.
- Assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network and on information technology infrastructure and applications.
- Patching of firewalls, applications, infrastructure, and operating systems.
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary level qualification, and
- Experience in IT or cyber security (Candidates with less experience also considered)
- Demonstrate strong technical security knowledge and interest.
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing priorities and technology environment.
- Hands on experience in managing and maintaining SIEM tool such as Splunk and Azure Sentinel and vulnerability management tools such as Tenable Nessus.
- Knowledge/experience in Microsoft 365, Azure Security Centre, Azure and/or AWS and relevant security best practices on these platforms.
- Windows support and troubleshooting experience - Windows 7- 10
- Networking fundamentals knowledge, CCNA or equivalent knowledge preferred.
- Windows Server management (2008 to 2016)
- MS Active Directory/Exchange/SQL
- Virtualisation - VMware (preferred)/HyperV/AHV (preferred)/KVM
What you need to do now
- Working simultaneously across a diverse range of interesting projects in a high performing and collaborative work environment.
- Security clearance is not needed. (Must be eligible to obtain one if needed)
- Flexible work arrangements - to work on a rotational roster.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call now on (02) 6257 9802 or email Sandeep.Gunawardena@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508