See job description for details
System Engineer | Permanent Position Your new company
An exciting new opportunity is available for a System Engineer on a Permanent basis at one of Canberra's leading IT solution providers. Your new role
As a System Engineer, you will understand the demands of the position, support team members and deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders. This role is expected to achieve project KPI's and provide ownership and accountability for our managed services with exceptional communication from start to finish.
What you'll need to succeed
- Collaborate with senior system engineers and management for the design, build and management of client systems in accordance with business objectives, industry standards.
- Assist with project scoping, system design and implementation to ensure client expectations and KPI's are met
- Assist with client systems in accordance with the client and company requirements
- Provide Provide resolution and assistance with all technical escalations from the support services team, maintenance services team and system engineers within the technical services team as required with technical escalations from the support services team and maintenance services team as required
- Oversee and implement required deliverables within allocated projects
- Reporting on schedule, progress, change orders, quality assurance, and other aspects as required to the team manager
- Configure, manage, maintain and install hardware and software
- Document system design and configuration
- Work with vendors to assess technology capability as required
- Assist with the development and delivery of test plans prior to implementation
- Provide documentation and handover of systems to the support services team
- Manage and monitor infrastructure and system installations, including configurations, testing and maintenance
- Standardise and automate processes as part of continuous improvements
The Senior Systems Engineer requires 5 years of IT or equivalent experience, ideally in private enterprise. The following criteria must be met:
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary level qualification,
- Five years' experience in IT
- Experienced with Microsoft server technologies including AD, SQL, Exchange and CA
- Experience implementing and supporting solutions in Azure, including Office365, Sharepoint and Azure AD
- Experience with virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, AHV, HyperV and KVM
- An understanding of network fundamentals and terminologies
- An understanding of ITIL service delivery methodologies
What you need to do now
- Working simultaneously across a diverse range of interesting projects in a high performing and collaborative work environment.
- Security clearance is not needed. (Must be eligible to obtain one if needed)
- Flexible work arrangements - to work on a rotational roster.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call now on (02) 6257 9802 or email Sandeep.Gunawardena@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508