Automation Test Engineer
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 22 Mär 19
Automation Test Engineer
The ANZ Institutional domain will deliver full end-to-end world class products and services to our global Institutional, Corporate and Commercial and Retail customers across Asia. The Institutional domain will enable our Institutional business partners and customers through providing stable, scalable, innovative and leading technology platforms and solutions which focus on great customer and banker experience, operational excellence and future ready technology - aligning focus on business strategic outcomes and high value technology practices.
You would be joining the APEA Regulatory Reporting Program (Singapore and China). The APEA Regulatory Reporting Project addresses the current issues in ANZ’s regulatory reporting systems and provides a robust and sustainable capability to manage its Regulatory Reporting in the future.
We have a career opportunity based in Melbourne for an Automation Test Engineer supporting the evolution of the regulatory reporting solutions built as part of the APEA Regulatory Reporting Program. This program has successfully implemented a full end to end automation tool: “QuerySurge”.
QuerySurge is a data testing tool that automates data validation, testing of Big Data, Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence Reports. QuerySurge ensures that the data extracted from data sources remains intact in the target data store by analysing and pinpointing differences quickly. You will be provided in-house training on how to use the “QuerySurge” tool.
What will be in your toolkit?
- Proven experience in designing and building automation test frameworks using Selenium in Java or other frameworks to automate reports validation (UI).
- Hands-on experience in creating and maintaining automated test suites.
- Hands-on experience in data driven testing.
- Proficiency in writing complex SQL scripts to validate data, able to understand complex stored procedures and able to investigate and identify root cause of issues/defects.
- Good understanding of database concepts and having expertise in any one of the following technologies - MSQL Server /Oracle /Tera Data.
- Good understanding of data warehouse concepts.
- Identify and implement development approaches that best support the cost effective maintenance and growth of the testing solution/platform into the future.
- Work collaboratively with the business and technology partners to design solutions that can meet current and future testing needs.
- Ensure development outputs are of a high quality.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve test automation development processes and tools with the aim of reducing development effort and cycles of test execution.
- Participation in Agile ceremonies (sprint planning, story estimation, retrospectives, etc).
- A team player – I know we only win if we all win. I recognise and value the different perspectives and skills my squad mates bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of our mission.
- The customer’s biggest fan – I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- A collaboration champion – I work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment and champion the sharing of learning across teams
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – I am comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage myself through ambiguity by making meaning, building relationships and creating clarity with my peers
- Continuous improvement junkie – I constructively challenge the status quo, I look for better ways of doing things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- A problem solver – I am energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- You have proven experience as an automated test engineer developing first class automated test frameworks.
- A proven ability to contribute to Software Engineering and/or Testing teams.
- You will have experience in Test Driven Development and/or scenario based testing.
- Expertise in the use of CI/CD tools including the Atlassian suite (GIT, Bitbucket, JIRA, Bamboo) and UDeploy.
- Hands-on programming experience (e.g. SQL, Selenium, Python, Ruby)
- Enterprise Data Warehouse platforms incorporating Teradata, Data stage and Unix
This is a 12 month fixed term contract