Data Engineering Expression of Interest
As one of the global leaders in banking and financial services, ANZ realises that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we are creating a unique climate of inspiration, leadership, values and opportunity.
Our teams are hungry to gain and act on insights from our large online and offline datasets. So, we’re looking for motivated data engineers who are keen to hit the ground running and help us integrate data sources, enable us to build an end-to-end view of customer behaviour, interventions and outcomes, so that we can attribute success (or failure) to different parts of the online (and offline) customer journey, and take action.
To do this, we are looking to improve our Data capability across our digital transformation and Retail and Commercial area of the business. To achieve this, we want to engage with candidates who want to contribute to the success on what good data looks like at ANZ.
In order to be successful in this role, you need to have strong background and experience in any on the following:
- Previous experience with Cloud Solutions – Google Cloud Platform or AWS. Preferably certified.
- Experience with at least one of:
- DataFlow and/or Apache Beam
- Hadoop ecosystem
- Spark, PySpark and/or Scala
- Large SQL databases such as TeraData
- Experience in Developing ETL Processes using code and vendor products.
- Experience in CI/CD, DevOps and infrastructure as code.
- Experience in QA, unit testing and integration testing.
- Experience in functional languages would be highly regarded.
- Experience with scripting and languages such as Python.
- Ability to be the conduit between business and technology
- Strong attention to detail and analytical capabilities
A day in the life of a Data Engineer at ANZ
- Solving complex cross business issues using large amounts of data across multiple technologies and data platform capabilities
- Be accountable for the data architecture and patterns related to solving data, reporting, analytics, decisions and campaigns for Australia Retail & Commercial Division
- Develop scalable advanced data models including the preparation and reconciliation of data and creation of interactive visualisations
- Implement batch and streaming data pipelines processes and patterns to integrate with existing and new data sources and target applications
- Run knowledge sharing and/or skills uplift sessions with the broader analytical community through chapter-of-chapter meetups
This is an opportunity to undertake a role offering exceptional opportunities for professional development with a broad range of career paths. It's a place where the determined can succeed, the willing can grow and together, we can prosper. We connect you to your world of opportunity.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.