What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story. Job Description:
- Provide technical innovation and thought leadership to guide environment/operation and development teams in the automation of operational processes.
- Guide engineers to implement solutions in complex enterprise environments.
- Design, build and implement automation of provisioning, configuration, monitoring, security and deployment of applications in the automated environments.
- Ensure all components are built to provide quality, security, scalability, stability, efficiency and reliability, ensuring compliance with client processes and governing standards.
- Recommend and implement DevOps practices which are sustainable and considered the best fit for the client's need.
- Proven experience as a senior Developer, Operations or DevOps Engineer focusing on bridging the gap between developers and operations for large complex clients.
- Understand fundamental principles of Distributed Systems, Security, Networking, Virtualization, Storage, Database, Fault Tolerance and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience with containerization and associated microservice tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Mesos/Marathon, DC/OS and Nomad.
- Experience in provisioning tools such as Terraform, ARM Templates, GCP Deployment Manager and CloudFormation.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix (e.g., Ubuntu, RHEL, SUSE) and/or Windows Server.
- Experience in working and troubleshooting network infrastructure and systems (e.g., TCP/IP networking, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, DNS and others).
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, VMware, or OpenStack.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, PowerShell.
- Experience in distributed applications such as Cassandra, Consul, etc, HDFS, Hadoop, Cloudera, Elasticsearch or Kafka.
- Experience in logging and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Influx DB, Nagios, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Sysdig, New Relic, Grafana.
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef and Desired State Configuration.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle in traditional and agile practices.
- In depth understanding of systems architecture to deliver services.
- Proven thought leadership activity in internal and external environments.
- Salary - >$100,000
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.