Executive Advisory Solutions Architect - Public Sector (Australia)
Are you a technologist and leader who can transform how the Public Sector views and uses IT? Do you have a vision of how public cloud can fundamentally change IT costs and capabilities whilst delivering better citizen outcomes?
Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, while having the technical chops to engage in high-impact modernisation projects? Do you understand the strengths and weaknesses of IT process
standards? Do you have experience leading diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring enterprise IT Leaders to work with Public Sector Departments, Agencies, policy bodies and their partners in transforming their IT landscapes and ability to deliver citizen services. Our Advisory Solution Architects
engage with customers to identify and overcome barriers in terms of policy, strategy and modernisation. Engagements include driving evolution of policy to better enable cloud usage, diving deep on identification and remediation of technical/integration blockers,
and supporting broad-based change efforts at the strategic and policy level.
You will help customers and partner overcome the technical and organisational hurdles of cloud adoption.
This role will cover a broad range of relevant technologies including networking, security, compute, storage, database, enterprise applications, ITSM, TOGAF, and will require strong business leadership and process skills including project management, cost analysis, and risk assessment.
This is a customer facing role, based primarily in Melbourne, but will require to travel to customer locations in Australia and New Zealand as necessary.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Driving better citizen outcomes through Public Sector adoption of cloud technologies
• Engaging with C-level executives to define cloud adoption policy and strategies.
• Mentoring technical staff
• Engaging with policy bodies to help them update and modernise their IT perspectives, and to solve both technical and policy blockers.
• Identifying technical barriers and patterns in Public Sector and leading the creation of solutions to overcome these barriers.
• Developing strategies to enable agency-wide migrations to AWS. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Significant IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles.
• The ability to manage executive customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Experience with government agencies and senior Public Sector leaders in Australia/New Zealand.
• Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
• Broad experience with Enterprise Applications
• A track record of designing, building, and operating large scale IT infrastructures.
• Current or previous hands-on experience with technology
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards such as IRAP, PCI DSS, SOC-1&2 and ISO 27001. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Hands on experience leading large-scale Government IT transformation projects.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of IT Operations, cloud computing, or IT Strategy.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
• A relevant bachelors degree; Masters/MBA degree preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.