Production Support Manager
This role provides direct line management for a team that undertakes application support for FNZ business.
Acting as the guardian of Production, the Production Support Manager works with internal stakeholders to champion quality change and takes ownership of outcomes to improve team effectiveness, operational efficiency and an excellent client experience. Team Responsibilities
The team are responsible for:
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Application Support - ensure that the application is working correctly as deployed
- Incident & Problem Management - analysis, investigation, diagnosis and problem solving to identify, troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Release & Change Management - support testing and release process for production fixes.
- Service Transition - facilitate the transition between project support and production support for all change
- Service Level Management - support the Service Managers in delivering FNZ services within KPIs, SLAs and contractual obligations
- Manages individuals and groups including allocation of responsibilities and/or packages of work to and ensure agreed service levels are met.
- Sets performance targets, and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria to provide input in to formal performance management processes.
- Provides effective feedback throughout the performance management cycle, to improve overall team performance.
- Proactively works to ensure effective working relationships within the team and with those whom the team interacts with.
- Determines the risks associated with audit findings and non-compliance and proposes corrective actions.
- Evaluates risks to the integrity of the service inherent in proposed implementations and provides advice and guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Reviews the effectiveness of change implementation, suggests improvement to organisational procedures governing change management.
- Ensures that a catalogue of available services is created and maintained and that service level agreements are complete and cost effective.
- Establishes and maintains operational methods, processes and procedures and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manages application enhancements to improve business performance.
- Other tasks: To undertake any other projects/ tasks as may reasonably be required to facilitate the smooth operation of the production environment
Availability - uptime during core and non-core hours
Performance - performance metrics during core and non-core hours
Reliability - test results and performance during real failure events
KPI reporting - performance against team KPIs and individual KPIs as agreed Experience / Attributes Required
- Degree preferable in either Commerce/IT or a related field ;or equivalent;
- Interest / familiarity with financial markets and products preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in providing an excellent service experience for our clients;
- Demonstrable ability to provide leadership to improve overall team performance.
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders;
- Superior analytical thinking and keen attention to detail;
- Highly logical with proven problem-solving abilities;
- Independent, self directing and delivery focused working style;
- Excellent communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients;
- Able to take initiative and lead change to improve effectiveness;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Excellent organisational, administration and time management skills.
- Commitment to working long hours at times, particularly around project deadlines, in exchange for commensurate rewards;