Quality Assurance Manager
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australien Melbourne Victoria AU
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- FIS Global
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Quality Assurance Manager
Job Profile Level Overview:
Full responsibility for management of their team, works under general direction from senior managers.
Direct the activities of a software quality assurance function. Develop quality standards for company products and oversee development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Conducts internal studies and/or audits on client and product development/engineering or operations team activities to evaluate if processes and deliverables satisfy requirements for quality, to uncover errors or deficiencies in processes and deliverables and to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement; studies and audits include issues such as profitability, productivity and quality.
- Manages and/or participates in overall audit process.
- Monitors applicable business unit work to ensure consistency and compliance with standard processes as well as FIS policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the tactical and strategic planning for future quality programs.
- Stays current with process-related industry standards.
- Communicates quality information throughout the organization and to FIS clients.
- Supports development and delivery of training in quality matters.
- Leads and mentors' quality assurance team members.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of methods, tools and technology used in software testing
- Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets needs of client/business partner needs
- Knowledge of principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
- Skill in understanding and focusing on the client needs
- Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
- Ability to deliver results under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills working with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
Job Level Detail
Management role working under general direction of middle or senior level management. Manages and mentors a team of Software Test Analysts. Serves as a project leader and/or subject matter expert, and provides input into strategic direction. Typically requires seven or more years of experience in Quality Assurance or Software Development and five or more years management or supervisory experience.