Securities & Derivatives Analyst
This is a developing professional role that applies specialty area knowledge in execution, monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. This role will see your researching and interpreting factual information, identifying inconsistencies in data or results with policy and expectation, defining business issues and formulating recommendations on policies, procedures or practices.
This position integrates established disciplinary knowledge within its own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. It requires to have a good understanding of how the AASS off-market products works and how the team processes interact with other external parties in accomplishing the objectives of the area. As part of this role you'll develop working knowledge of industry practices and standards.
This role has direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Responsibilities:
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing investment documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the AASS Support process. Activities will include independently processing and executing documentation and transactions within a complex operation environment
- Involves in providing day-to-day transactional processing which may include booking cash transactions and making payments, performing reconciliations, inputting general ledger entries and (complex) calculations. In addition, there will be possible interaction with other counterparties around positions and outstanding balances/claims.
- Supports an expansive and/or diverse array of products (risk and control) /services.
- Follows established procedures to identify and resolve problems related to investment documentation/processing activities that require investigation or research.
- Makes recommendations to management to support process improvement.
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents.
- Designs and analyzes moderately complex investment documentation reports to satisfy management requirements, support/control activities, and the launch of products/services.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on the analysis of factual information, and provides assistance in the implementation of documentation process improvements.
- Minimizes risk to the bank through increased knowledge of procedural requirements - understands and monitors errors to suggest solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Timely management and escalation of all inquiries and issues related to investment processing
- Has direct interaction with external customers to disseminate or explain information
- Demonstrates an intermediate level of understanding of products and processes, and of how duties relate/integrate with others in the team and closely related teams
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of Custodial related systems.
- Utilizes communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills to interact with colleagues and stakeholders, and to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information, while being sensitive to audience diversity
- Individuals at this level exhibit executional capabilities
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Fundamental understanding of Treasury products, accounting and regulatory policies
- Proven ability to perform various concurrent activities/projects in a high-risk environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of macros
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting, or Finance
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Securities and Derivatives Processing Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting