Senior Fund Accountant - Investment Fund
- Excellent Package
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australien Melbourne Victoria AU
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
Senior Fund Accountant role in a highly reputable Investment Manager
Your new company
This Investment Management firm is independently-owned and is based on the Paris-end of Collins street. They are well established and one of the oldest firms in Melbourne.
Your new role
This role reports into the Financial Controller and sits within a medium sized Finance team.The 3 main functions within this role are statutory reporting, taxation and regulatory reporting. Day to day responsibilities include;
- Validating various domestic and international funds' investment asset values
- Investigating the reasons for deviating performance of funds against the predetermined indices
- Coordinating with other internal teams to rectify data issues
- Check inaccurate, outdated and errorneous financial data or parameters
- Reconciliation of the funds' investment activities with the accounting records for production of financial statements and periodic income distributions
- Responding to client queries with ad hoc data compilation and detailed explanations
- Record accurately securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries.
- Identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices.
- Verify and provide back up for any movements in securities prices.
- Report periodically to management on fund activities and other related issues.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have a track record of being a successful Senior Fund Accountant at a medium sized firm. You will be a qualified Accountant from a practice with minimum 2 years at the Senior level in the Funds industry. Having worked in a fund/investment accounting role and worked your way up will be highly desired.
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well established Investment Management firm where you will gain in depth experience within a Finance role. Along with that you will have the opportunity to liaise with various stakeholders and take additional responsibilities as you progress within the business.