Associate, EII Australia, Private Banks and Broking Sales
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien Sydney New South Wales AU
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
The role is responsible for iShares business development with a focus on daily client coverage and servicing of Private Banking and Broking clients in Australia
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
iShares is the brand name for the world's largest range of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), which is marketed and managed by BlackRock. iShares funds are available to institutional investors and private investors and combine the advantages of stocks with the benefits of index funds: iShares can be bought and sold like any other shares listed on a stock exchange and provide instant exposure to an entire index through a single security. They therefore combine the flexibility and tradability of a share with the diversification of a fund.
iShares ETFs were launched in 2000 and have since become the leading Exchange Traded Fund provider with over $1.8 trillion across more than 800 ETFs globally. iShares ETFs offer clients exposure in various asset classes from developed and emerging market equities to a leading range in fixed income and commodities. The target audience for iShares includes institutional investors as well as financial advisors. The iShares business believes its competitive advantages lie in the depth and breadth of its products, the unique expertise and service of its client relationship teams, and its brand strength.
The role is responsible for iShares business development with a focus on daily client coverage and servicing of Private Banking and Broking clients in Australia. The iShares Sales Specialist has a responsibility to represent the broader BlackRock business and introduce relevant product specialists as required.
Working closely with the Wealth Advisory distribution teams, the iShares sales specialist will drive the continued growth of the iShares business by developing and executing on plans to increase client engagement across the Private Banking and Broking sector.
In addition to working with the National Sales Manager for Private Banks and Brokers, the iShares sales specialist will also work closely with Capital Markets, Operations and Product Development teams.
- Work with the National Sales Manager for Private Banks and Brokers to develop and execute a detailed sales strategy, with a focus on promoting the benefits and extending the usage of iShares.
- Identify opportunities to grow the iShares business in the Private Banks and Brokers segment across Australia by developing and maintaining activity plans and ensuring a strategic approach to client engagement.
- Proactively deliver relevant content and product information tied to research, market insights, and ideas to target clients.
- Follow a team-based approach and leverage the Firm’s resources at appropriate times in the sales cycle, in order to broaden and deepen the usage of iShares.
- Work within the iShares and wider Blackrock Australia teams to identify and target existing and potential clients.
- Represent iShares and build a broader understanding of ETFs and usage of iShares. This may include educational seminars provided to small audiences.
- Monitor ongoing client structure, client investment objectives, benchmarks, progress and holdings.
- Provide top market intelligence to help guide regional strategy, current product enhancement efforts, as well as new product development initiatives.
- Diligent use of client relationship management tools to record client activity/interaction.
- Administrative tasks: prepare client materials and reports for management, maintain a database of client holdings and trades, management of global product list etc.
- Responsible to ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements and standards are met.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- 3-5 years of relevant or financial industry experience.
- Phone based or meeting based sales experience, preferably gained from working in funds management.
- Proven expertise in promoting investment products to sophisticated clients.
- Relevant client relationships a preference.
- Understanding of product set – preferably both ETFs and competitive landscape. Experience with index or index linked fund products and/or structured/derivatives products is an advantage.
- Self-motivated individual, with a commitment to excellence.
- BA/BS degree in related field
- Outstanding relationship management skills, and ability to become a trusted client advisor.
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Strong team player, who is able to collaborate credibly internally in order to leverage the Firm’s resources locally as well as globally
- Professional integrity and loyalty
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.