- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien
- Befristete Anstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 16 Jan 19
Our client, a leading Government department, is seeking to appoint an experienced Business Analyst to provide support to the Data Operating Model Project in the analysis and design phase. The outcome of this phase will determine if the Steering Committee and Governance Board recommend the progress of building a data mart for the organisation's division to replace the existing data warehouse.
The role will be focused on elicitation of business requirements; mapping the as-is and to-be data flows; identification of data gaps and quality issues; documenting data interfaces; preparing data dictionary and counting rules; preparing documents to be used in the design of the technical infrastructure and data mart design.
- Liaise and work with business stakeholders to complete business requirements documentation and achieve agreement and sign off
- Facilitate elaborations sessions; attend and facilitate other workshops as necessary
- Solicits requirements using individual or group interviewing as well as best practice research
- Complete relevant gap analysis based on as-is and to-be data flows and environments
- Create and maintain common data dictionaries and the tools or methods that support data standards
- Document the data interfaces (including transformation logic) between legacy systems to ensure data access, integration, integrity and security requirements for the project are met
- Support process of Business context and Requirements gathering
- Undertake technical analysis; define and document business logic; mapping and governance and success criteria
- Support defining of MVPs; features/stories and benefits; estimates; development of flight plans
- Organizes requirements into user stories, understanding dependencies and testing requirements
- Provides input to user story prioritization
- Liaises between business subject matter experts and technologists throughout the project lifecycle
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues as well as possible solutions
- Shares observations and feedback on internal business analysis practices, processes, templates, tools, and training materials
- Provides direction for QA planning and strategy
- Captures detailed requirements specifications in standard formats
- Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex user requirements
- Dealing with complex and sensitive data, eliciting requirements and documenting them by focusing on what is beyond the pain points and validating the legitimate requirements
- Meeting deliverables' deadlines and budgets in line with agreed standards and milestones
- Translating user needs into technical input that will assist the data architects, data warehouse designers, data analysts and other plan and design the data mart
To find out more about this, and other opportunities across NSW Government, contact Stefan Cupac on 02 8986 3154 or apply now.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.