Business Analyst [Process] - Mortgage
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be essential in positioning HSBC Australia for continued and long term sustainable growth through digital analysis and solution design for Mortgage Systems. The Business Analyst role will work in close partnership with Project Managers, Business owners and product teams, designers, developers, and third party suppliers to deliver key projects for the business. The role is critical in translating business requirements, processes and workflow into detailed technology design. We are looking for someone that has broad end-to-end experience in the mortgage industry, and bring the best and most innovative ideas to help us deliver the best customer experience. Responsibilities:
• Ensure technology solutions are aligned with the Groups enterprise architecture
• Contribute to strategic architecture decisions, and evolve our technology platforms to support digitalisation and business growth.
• Discover requirements using workshops and interviews across a range of stakeholders in business and IT.
• Translating business requirements, processes and workflow into technical requirements ready for developers to build.
• Refine functional and non-functional requirements, assist developers in clarifying requirements, interfaces across a number of systems and 3rd parties.
• Review impacts and design changes for processes facing the customer and internal teams.
• Liaise with key business, IT, legal and compliance stakeholders to agree designs and changes
• Support development of training and comms materials where appropriate
• Support UAT, ORT (operational readiness testing) and business readiness assessment
• Engagement and buy-in of all key stakeholders throughout the project to ensure they are aware of the impact of the change and of what the programme expects from them and their teams to make this successful Qualifications Requirements:
• Subject matter expertise in Mortgage origination and operations and a desire to bring new ideas to the table. In-depth experience of technology solutions in these area.
• Extensive progressive Digital / Banking or FinTech experience as a Business Analyst.
• To be successful in this role, the candidate will need strong ability to navigate in a complex environment with limited guidance.
• Ability to influence for the right decision across a range of stakeholders representing diverse business / product functions and priorities.
• Strong business and process analysis skills, within the mortgage industry, involving origination, settlement and life cycle processes.
• Experience working with developers to design and build digital systems, as well as integration with 3rd parties and software partners.
• Effective communication and presentation skills and an ability to tailor styles to project and operational stakeholders.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks to challenging deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.