Business Consulting Lead
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities Partnering
Environment, Energy and Utilities - Business Consulting Lead
Hybrid of Consulting, Selling and Delivering
Utilise your SME skills in Industry, Consulting or Delivery
Permanent position, based in Sydney/Melbourne
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through
progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that
design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of
the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies
in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing
through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading
portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-
driven innovation and enduring excellence.
We are on the hunt to add a highly skilled Sales and Delivery expert to our
Environment, Energy and Utilities Sector Team. The successful candidate will be
experienced in: technology consulting; bringing new and novel solutions to
clients; managing projects from ideation, to solutioning, to close, to delivering
and transitioning to operations; have a SME skill set across Industry, Consulting
or Delivery that can be brought to bare for our Environment, Energy and Utilities
clients and lastly have an impressive network of NSW / VIC contacts. What will I be doing?
What skills will I need?
- Demonstrates high proficiency levels for industry, business and consultative selling skills.
- Understand our client's strategic needs - short and long-term business objectives
- Identify and nurture client opportunities, maintaining the status for the service line.
- Build client and strategic partner relationships.
- Guide solutions based on client's strategic needs, assist (and lead) win strategy.
- Lead the creation of engaging responses to client.
- Bring your and IBM's Industry knowledge of market and key client challenges, disruptions and technologies that present opportunities aligned with your client's needs to those clients.
- Lead sales pursuits from ideation, assembling and leading teams, to closing and delivery.
- Governance of delivery of a program or programs of work.
- Creating and sharing thought leadership with your clients and to the wider IBM.
- Accountable for business unit objectives including Total Contract Value (TCV) Signings, Revenue, Profitability and NPS.
- Great stakeholder manager relationships - both internal and external.
What experience do I need?
- Great written story telling capabilities - combining prose, data and graphics to help people understand often complex problems.
- Great verbal story telling capabilities - engaging face to face, via Video or with an audience.
- Innovative - ability to try something new and often re-invent.
- Masters and applies expert knowledge of client's strategy, business priorities and initiatives to develop compelling and innovative buying visions, from IBM's broad solution portfolio, that will resonate with senior client executives to attain business unit, country/area or international objectives.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of key competitors' and potential partners' offerings, strategies, and plans. Effectively differentiates IBM offerings from competitive alternatives and evaluates potential partnership alliances to create customer preference for IBM offerings and enhance quality of each business development / consulting opportunity.
- Plans and engages in substantive dialogues and very complex negotiations between IBM management, client management and other parties which meet business requirements and often result in long-term agreements and commitments.
- Anticipates, recognises and addresses very complex problems relating to the business development discipline, client opportunities, and business unit measurements and business development metrics.
- Analyses business situation and implements innovative solutions or develops new and creative approaches or procedures. Assesses risk in terms of business value and exposure to both IBM and customer.
- Act as a trusted advisor - articulate, insightful and ethical are key
- Mentor and drive employee development of junior team members -
- leadership in matrix environments is key
- Previous experience as a Business or Technology Consultant.
- Demonstrable relationships with key business, technology and commercial
- Proven ability to manage, close and deliver a pipeline of work.
- Proven ability to deliver compelling proposals and presentations.
- Appropriate education at degree or Masters level
- Background in resources, renewables, asset management, energy and
- utilities (preferred).
- Understands Technology (Cloud; ERP; Analytics and Data Science; Cyber
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise