Business Lead for Project
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- FIS Global
- 18 Jan 19
Business Lead for Project
Project Business Lead (PBL)
The business lead on the project is responsible for coordinating all of the business tasks required for the project. Many of these tasks will be done by other teams within FIS Australia and the PBL will be required to communicate with these teams as well as business representatives from the client to ensure that the project remains on time and budget. The PBL will report to the Project Manager for the duration of the project.
- Providing weekly updates on development and testing to the PM to go toward the overall project status and in assisting the PM in explaining any business issues to FIS internal staff and client as required.
- Tracking tasks to plan and escalating issues with late running tasks and other schedule impacts in a timely manner to the PM.
- Attend any discovery workshops that require business discussions.
- Present at a high level on the business capabilities of BASE Global and be able to identify any gaps between what the client's solution requires and what FIS Australia do as standard. Responsible for documenting any business gaps (including gathering any SME information required to document such gaps).
- Capture gaps and to liaise with the FIS SME to document possible solutions for input into the PDD. The PBL may be required to investigate multiple business options to solving the gaps and write them up as an FSO.
- Write (or assist with) the business design of any change requests that have arisen from the project discovery.
- Co-ordinate with the Quality Assurance Team and Testing Services team to ensure that SIT and UAT can proceed as per the project plan
- Communicate business impacts to the Project Manager and (if required) to assist the Project Manager in communicating this with the client.
- engaging parameter setup within the region to match the agree client requirements for the product.
- Manage and own the business implementation tasks. - The PBL may or may not be the person performing these tasks, but they will be responsible for the management of these tasks.
- Responsible for any handover to business BAU teams once the project has gone live
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Good understanding of BASE Global/2000 or any relevant credit card processing technologies.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take