Collections Strategy and Business Intelligence
This role is responsible for developing and/or enhancing the Secured and Unsecured Collections and Debt Recovery strategies and digital capabilities to assist the Collections team in delivering on its planned recovery and credit loss numbers. The objectives of the role are achieved through proactive data analysis and collections performance reviews. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Develop and/or enhance appropriate strategies for Pre-delinquent and 1-179 DPD accounts with an objective of improving cure and forward flow rates, reducing expenses and bettering the customer experience in accordance with champion/challenger methodology.
- Develop and/or enhance the debt recovery strategy in accordance with champion/challenger methodology to drive better agency performance.
- Execute on planned or tactical debt sales, which includes extraction of applicable accounts and required data.
- Provide the GCM with adhoc data requests or data analysis to assist with strategies, initiatives or presentations.
- Constructing presentations or packs as per business requirements.
- Keep abreast of new technological advances, review, and recommend any possible upgrades and changes to systems or processes employed.
- Enhancing collections reporting suits and deep dive insights.
- Initiate, plan, design, execute, monitor and control (where applicable) project and initiative activities in alignment with business strategy and compliance/regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to analyse large data sets and identify key trends.
- Ability to develop and execute on strategies according to business and compliance requirements.
- Process improvement - ability to identify and scrutinize process and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of consumer laws and regulations such as NCCP and Banking code of Practice.
- Strong written & verbal communication - communicates confidently, clearly and effectively when speaking and in writing. Persuasive with details and facts.
- Customer lenses - focuses on customers and their needs.
- Demonstrate/proven strong attention to detail and a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Vast experience in Risk/Collections analytics roles within Banking or Financial services.
- Experience in managing a collections framework.
- Demonstrated people leadership experience and capability.
- Experience managing technical requirements from definition through to implementation, performance verification testing and monitoring.
- Proficient with SAS/Python/R/SQL.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Bachelor's/University degree or tertiary education
Citi has entered into an agreement with NAB to acquire its consumer bank in Australia which includes residential mortgages, deposits, and unsecured lending.
The sale is expected to complete in March 2022. As this is a role to work in Citi's consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi, but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a NAB (or) a new entity that will employ Citi's consumer bank employees, prior to their transfer to NAB. Job Family Group:
Operations - Core Job Family:
Business Planning & Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting