The Data Center Controls Coordinator (DCCC) position is part of a larger, highly creative and driven team dedicated to deploying our continuously evolving Amazon data center facilities. As a DCCC, you will be responsible for providing contract support, procurement and financial support, guidance and recommendations to the project delivery team to insure cost management and analysis across a portfolio of fast paced projects. Here, success is measured against the possible, not the probable.
As a DCCC, you will be involved in the full life cycle of construction projects working with highly motivated experts from design, construction, procurement, finance and legal team to deliver efficient and innovative data centers. You will help drive multimillion dollar projects and initiatives utilizing Amazon Leadership principles including frugality and insist on the highest standards. At Amazon we leverage unique opportunities presented to us and are diverse, creative, team oriented professionals working on a daily basis to develop data centers that are changing the face of data facilities.
Success as a Controls Coordinator is measured by:
• Managing pre-award schedule and artifacts for RFQ's
• Analyzing and providing timely feedback of vendors proposals prior to award
• Validating the final award amount and scope
• Maintaining and tracking status of contracts, budgets, and spends timely and accurately
• Requesting issuance of Purchase Orders to finance and coordination with vendors
• Implementing, maintaining and executing all cost control, change management, progress and performance reporting
• Managing the invoice process
• Assisting with budget and forecast development
• Supporting the Controls team with project close-out and final payments
• Applying critical thinking to make quality judgments that drive for results
• Effectively communicating to multiple stakeholders on a global level BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Cost Controls, accounting or applicable degree.
• Minimum 5 years construction contract management and/or construction related accounting
• Demonstrated ability creating budgets and forecasts from historical data PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to identify data center system-level architecture
• Windows Power User skill set, Microsoft Office Suite power user
• Experience creating or improving large impact processes and/or procedures
• Demonstrated ability to interpret contract terms, conditions and exhibits as applicable to project requirements