Offered on a permanent regular employment basis or on a fixed term hire 24 months basis
As a DevOps engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of deployment automation for a variety of applications. Deployment automation should display a high degree of repeatability, traceability, and ease of use.
You will also be responsible for sharing, advising, and educating others on sound design principles related to reliable operations and deployment of our software. You will work closely with members of the product, development, QA, and infrastructure teams to facilitate top-notch delivery of our products on a regular cadence.
You will help lead initiatives within the team that will help us continue on a path to a Continuous Delivery model.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Set up and configure the DevOps toolchain and define the integration requirements among the various tools of the toolchain to achieve end-to-end automation
- Analyze the software packaging requirements for build and deployment for a project and assess the integrity of the package in terms of QA and security (code quality and code coverage checks via tools like SONAR and its plugins)
- Design a toolchain with Github/ GitLab (source control), Maven/ Gradle (build tools), Teamcity (preferred) or Jenkins scripting (Continuous Integration tool), Octopus Deploy deployment tool), JFrog Artifactory (binary repository), SONARQube (code QA and code coverage)
Compensation package from $88,200 (full-time equivalent inclusive of superannuation) and will be determined based on successful candidates relevant skills and experience.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ideally 2-3 years of Hands on DevOps engineering experience
- Experience delivering end-to-end automation projects in large scale organisations
- The ability to set up DevOps toolchains
- The ability to integrate using Splunk, and create dashboards
- Git source control and GitHub
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with the following: Java/ JDK/ JUnit or .NET/ NUnit
- Experience in the financial sector highly regarded
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Good organization and communication skills