Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Associate/ Vice President, Oil & Gas, Sydney
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Oil & Gas team in Australia, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for a senior associate/ VP join our Equity Research team in Sydney. Principal responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for the specific analysis of individual companies and their equities within the Oil & Gas sector (publishing reports, initiating sales calls and marketing investment opinions)
- Produce regular reports summarizing findings and predictions, as well as responsibility for the sector news flow and contributing to overall sector views/pieces
- Develop financial models and interpret data and analysis on market, economic and political events
- Develop strong relationships and have regular communications with the Equities sales force and traders, clients and companies' management
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members to build technical and soft skills
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/JOB DESCRIPTION
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience. Oil & Gas sector experience is highly regarded
- Bachelors or Master degree in economics/finance/accounting/geology/engineering/science preferred
- Strong understanding of the Australia Oil & Gas sector and macro economy
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent modeling skills are required as well as a solid grounding in accounting/financial fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Self-starter attitude with high level of enthusiasm for equity research
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking, logical thinking Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity