Head of Operations
- Excellent salary plus carry
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Blackbird Ventures
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
Blackbird is a venture capital firm whose mission is to back Australia’s most ambitious founders. We’re looking for a Head of Operations to help us grow Blackbird into an iconic investment firm. The Head of Operations will join the leadership team to ensure we provide world-class investment products to our investors and service to our portfolio companies.
We have nine funds under management and a portfolio of over 60 companies including some of the most successful Australian startups such as Canva, Zoox, Safety Culture and CultureAmp.
We want to build a business that lasts for decades and produces excellent returns for our investors. Most of all, we want to support Australia’s most talented founders build category-defining technology companies. We’ve written a lot about what we love at Blackbird, so check out our blog at blog.blackbird.vc if you want some more information about us.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Head of Operations to help us grow Blackbird into an iconic investment firm. The Head of Operations will join the leadership team to ensure we provide world class investment products to our investors and service to our portfolio companies.
The Head of Operations will be responsible for all operational aspects of the funds, including finance, investor relations and compliance. Most importantly we’re looking for someone who will continue to develop the people, tools and processes to deliver on our mission.
- Finance – oversight of the finance and reporting function of the funds and management company.
- Investor Relations - being the first point of contact for our investors.
- Compliance, Legal & Company Secretarial - ensuring that Blackbird is at all times compliant with policies and regulations, especially relating to AFSL, ESVCLP, AML/KYC, and FATCA.
- Portfolio Companies – working with portfolio companies to collect data and provide analysis to feed into investment decisions.
- Working with the partners on initiatives to grow the Blackbird business.
Background is less important than the key skills, which include:
- Ability to work closely with the Blackbird partners to develop and implement fund operations.
- Strong accounting and finance skills.
- Ability to navigate the regulatory frameworks within which funds such as Blackbird operate.
- Passionate about creating, improving, monitoring and implementing operational solutions.
- Great at communicating both internally and externally.
We’re looking for someone who is as passionate as us about building an iconic investment business. You must have a high ownership mentality and the ability to take responsibility for goals and outcomes.
This is a key senior role at Blackbird, so we’re offering an excellent salary and participation in the carry of our funds.