IT Infrastructure Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Global Technology Operation (GTO) is looking for highly motivated, self-directed candidate to join the APAC Service Delivery team in APAC. The ideal candidate will have experience in enterprises level data center infrastructure exposure and support experience, which includes but not limited to data center operations, engineering and other related infrastructure services. Together with your team members in Service Delivery, you will be responsible for delivering BAU Support, Project delivery while at the same time supporting continuous process improvement. What you will be responsible for
As APAC Data Centre Lead you will
What we value
- Owner of APAC data center services to manage day to day operations, vendor management, service levels, risks for data centers in APAC plus engineering and projects related to data center and office premises.
- Act as Global Data Center stakeholder for APAC, conduit APAC requirements to Global Data Center standards, best practice and enforce Global Data Center strategies, standards and policies in APAC.
- Manage APAC data center team.
- Manage data center site access, recertifications; Enforce environment hygiene best practices; Own and maintain MOP/SOP documentation for data center operations.
- Manage data center vendors and vendors involved in data center operations and projects.
- Incident, problem, change management and capacity management of data center services; Review data center related events to identify and correct shortfalls, run continuous service improvements
- Governance internal and external data center service levels; Performance monitoring through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) - to measure results.
- Formulate APAC data center strategies and the execution of the strategies.
- Manage data center, cabling, rack and stack follow-the-sun support with global team including coordination, cabling, installation, interactions with IT towers and decommission/disposal.
- Inventory and expense monitoring.
- Manage power downs of data center and offices.
- Delivery of data center projects.
- New office buildout project in APAC, structural cabling system and equipment Room buildout.
- Coordinate for data center related audit/compliance responses.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Skills - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, Disposition - motivation, team skills, ability to work under pressure, etc
- Ability to work under own initiative and over hurdles
- Work independently, reliable and creative
- Team player, people manager
- Passionate, self-motivated and driven with a hunger for learning and growth.
- Strong communicator with a high degree of written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with people in different countries both within APAC and Globally
- Results oriented with energy and passion to achieve and exceed stretching objectives and to deliver
Why this role is important to us
- Degree or above
- 5+ years' experience in supporting data center and cabling
- Data center operation knowledge, structural cabling skills
- People/Team management experience
- Knowledge on common inventory management system
- Experience in a large scale global operational environment
- Experience working in multi-stakeholders, multi-vendor environment; Be able to work with teams in remote locations.
- Experience working in Service Delivery environment or similar with knowledge of ITIL processes and qualified to a minimum of ITIL Foundation is a plus
- Experience working in multi-national financial institute is a plus
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers