See job description for details
An exciting perm opportunity to work as a Tech lead for a team at a Global Financial Services company. Your new company
An exciting permanent opportunity to work as a Technical lead for a team at a Global Financial Services company.The primary purpose of this role is to lead the technical design of software components and complex technology implementations by mentoring developers, working with project managers and business stakeholders and establishing strong quality control processes. You will cultivate innovation within your team and partners and will demonstrate and encourage life-long learning. You will also have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and skills so that they can be utilised more broadly within the company. Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Optimise technical designs to meet quality financial and delivery timeframes for functional and non functional requirements.
- Mentor developers, provide technical advice and guide team members to ensure high quality cost effective development.
- Establish an understanding of relevant business domains and help define requirements to optimise technology and avoid unnecessary complexity (working with Business, BAs and Architecture)
- Ensure software governance and quality controls are established and principals of continuous integration are followed.
- 'Estimate delivery costs and timeframes to meet the needs of project managers aligned with business priorities.
- Lead the investigation and fixing of complex production defects in a timely and effective manner.
- Create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct security audits to determine weaknesses in applications.
- Project Managers and teams: Work closely with project managers and their teams to ensure that the successful release of the software application; work with them to guide development estimation of software components
- Infrastructure & Operations team: Work closely with this team to ensure effective development processes and effective execution of software in production environments.
- Business Stakeholders: Work closely with relevant business stakeholders to define detailed requirements for complex developments.
What you need to do now
- Significant experience in working on structured (Iterative or Agile Scrum) SDLC processes.
- Leadership level design skills in OO Design, UML, domain modelling etc.
- Experience in delivering software projects into production environments in Insurance or Financial Services organisations.
- Experience with end to end web application performance tuning including database layer.
- Familiarity with cloud providers (AWS/Azure), containers, spring boot, and container platforms such as Kuberneties or OpenShift.
- Familiariaty with web application security concerns including OWASP top 10.
- Ability to make decisions, drive change, and deliver results in a high paced and complex environment.
- Knowledge of backend database administration.
- Demonstrated evidence of technical proficiency with systems, software, reporting and communication tools.
- Ability to focus on end-outcomes and work accordingly to achieve the desired results.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508