Lead Data Architect
In this Senior Architecture role, you will drive strategic decisions across a broad technology portfolio both Central and Business aligned Data initiatives. You will work closely with and be a trusted adviser to the Finance, Operations & Risk business executives, our technology leaders, and a strong network of solution architects and engineers.
You will have the opportunity to take the lead in designing solutions that will help our business change the way they operate and enable them to grow. You will enjoy taking on a wide range of responsibilities, covering everything from early stage innovation through to uplifting established enterprise architecture capabilities and patterns. Success will be measured by your contribution to business value and architectural delivery.
All of your expertise and prior learnings will help you shape and realise our vision of a digital, data-driven insight-led business, providing a brilliant customer experience for our direct and partner businesses. We anticipate that to excel in this role you will be:
Your key accountabilities will include:
- passionate about what Group Data strategy should be; not constrained by what they have been
- successful in driving architectural change that transforms and optimises complex businesses
- broadly experienced with the processes, applications and technologies common to financial services
- proficient in balancing disruptive innovation with the security, stability and scale required
- adept in engaging, collaborating and influencing people at all levels of financial service organisations.
You will bring the following experience and expertise:
- architectural accountability for enterprise data platform and analytics capabilities
- provide data architecture expertise to businesses, Group Data Officers and support analytics business functions
- develop and implement the Group's data architecture strategy
- develop the Group's data models (conceptual, logical, and canonical), integrated to Macquarie's Enterprise Architecture and Business Architecture Models
- develop data architecture principles, standards and guidelines and support the embedding within business groups
- implement appropriate data architecture governance framework within their groups
- Define approach on how data is acquired, manipulated, distributed and leveraged in the Group
- coordinate data architecture activities with the Enterprise Data Management team
- work with Enterprise Data and Integration Architects to establish business Data definitions
- lead a team of data and solution architects.
- 10+ years of IT working experience
- at least 4 years' experience in Complex Architecture, Strategy Consulting and Big Data Architecture work, Information Governance
- experience in developing Enterprise Information Architecture
- experience in developing Data Lake / Modern Data Platform Solutions
- experience in Data Governance and Data Strategy work
- experience in developing architectures with open source tools and technologies for Big Data
- good understanding and experience with the traditional DW architecture solutions
- solid background in data and analytics space
- ability to size and develop / validate physical architecture of data platform
- working knowledge in business strategy and research
- ability to lead in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- proven track record in consulting, architecture, solutioning and implementation
- data/information modelling expertise at enterprise level
- a proven track record of successful delivery
- a strong team player who demonstrates flexibility and a pro-activeness to deliver to business outcomes
- excellent understanding of emerging technologies, and their associated impact on enterprise environments.
To join this dynamic and highly innovative team, apply now or contact Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program . Advertised:
18 Jul 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: