Manager, Financial Crime - Business Banking
The Business Banking (BB) Financial Crime Risk and Control team sits within BB Central Control Office (CCO). Our highly diverse and engaged team supports the broader Business Bank which consists of several divisions servicing regional and agribusiness (RAB) customers, those using the Bank's online broking service (CommSec), small business (SBB) and SME through to large corporations (CB & MCG). What a day in your role will look like?
In this role, you will be making a huge impact to the successful management of financial crime risk across the Business Bank. It will involve leading the delivery of various programs of work to strengthen the Business Banking control environment whilst embedding a strong financial crime awareness and compliance culture in the business. In any given week you will be responsible to:
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Provide financial crimes risk guidance in the design of processes, controlsand the implementation of change initiatives across the business
- Leadand execute a range of initiatives to identify, mitigate, and/or effectively manage financial risk across product, and downstream processes whilst ensuring customer experiences are optimised.
- Provide financial crimes risk advice and support to the business and to various streams of the Program of Action more broadly
- Contribute to process efficiency and productivity by identifying new opportunities to improve processes, reduce risksand improve financial crime compliance.
- Manage senior relationships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Support the design, implementation and uplift of sustainable controls in accordance with the team's mandate and agreed strategic roadmap
- Support the development and operationalisation of Risk in Change, reporting and governance processes
To be successful in this role, it is required that you have financial services and/or regulatory experience, ideally working in a Financial Crime or risk management function. You will also need a thorough understanding of the financial crime regulatory framework with sound technical knowledge of the AML / CTF, Sanctions and ABC risk environment. It will also help if you bring to the table:
Working at CommBank
- Sound analytical skills and critical thinking - the ability to tackle challenges pragmatically and translate compliance requirements into strong, sustainable controls.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Stakeholder engagement skills - the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels and build strong working relationships.
- Sound organisational, planning, and time management skills - the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and prioritise
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 23/12/2020