Manager, Mulesoft Strategic Architects
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Sales Job Details
The JAPAC functional leader of the Strategic Client Architects will lead our team of highly talented and most experienced/tenured customer advisors. In addition to being the leader of this team it is expected that a good percentage of your time is being customer-facing on our most strategic customers and prospects on their digital transformation journeys as they respond to the challenges and opportunities of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Working in alignment with both MuleSoft / Salesforce Regional Sales Leaders across ANZ, Asia and Japan, you will be required to help customers translate their business strategy into a technology vision and roadmap to deliver realisable business outcomes. This will require a level of business acumen, an ability to advise customers on technology solutions with a primary focus on customer and employee experience leveraging both the MuleSoft and Salesforce platform. This role requires previous Enterprise Architecture experience to bring together a broad vision for our customers, as well as define an architecture strategy and roadmap for their adoption of MuleSoft and Salesforce.
In this capacity, the role will connect the dots between the MuleSoft / Salesforce Architect functions (mainly CCTA) as well as MuleSoft Globally, enabling the team refine their domain expertise. It will have KPI's focussed on joint initiatives for Illuminate/Ignites between MuleSoft & Salesforce, as well as scope for owning and leading our joint go-to-market/competitive knowledge on leading infrastructure providers such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure platform and Alibaba to name a few. The role will report directly to the Vice President of MuleSoft Solution Engineering for Asia Pacific and Japan (who is based in Sydney Australia).
This position requires a senior figure with a strong blend of digital transformation, business, enterprise architecture and consultative skills. It is an expectation of the role that the successful candidate will be able to build meaningful connections with senior executives across MuleSoft, Salesforce and key customer accounts.
- Functional Leader - Represent the Architects of the pre-sales function by helping build the team, the brand/identity and the architect community. Coach and develop the team to continue delivering best-in-class customer engagement and architecture. Key relations with an ongoing operating cadence across other similar functions across Salesforce and the ecosystem will be crucial.
- Strategic Advisor - You will be aligned to a set of strategic "focus" accounts across ANZ, Asia and Japan (covering all verticals including Public Sector), where you will co-create the Account strategy and own the technology vision and strategy. You will align with Sales Area Vice Presidents to identify short term pursuits and long term whitespace strategies to grow both MuleSoft and Salesforce technology footprints.
- Workshops - The role also works with the Marketing team defining which customers/prospects attend strategic workshop events which bring key stakeholders into the pipeline.
- Own the local go-to-market strategy for how MuleSoft complements capabilities of our technology partners (AWS, GCP, Azure, Alibaba).
- In addition to key competitive plays it is expected that they will work with the architects, customers and regional leaders to identify, raise and own key regional pursuits (such as local market compliance/regulations - e.g. IRAP, ISMAP, HL7, etc)
- Become a trusted advisor to CIO/CTO/EA level contacts and their teams as they look to transform their business.
- Knowledge and ability to articulate key concepts in digital transformation, customer and employee experience and the application of emerging technologies.
- Key accounts - Lead specific enterprise architecture engagements in key accounts. Understand the customer's business strategy and technology needs; identifying the key capabilities and technology enablers required and linking these to business outcomes.
- Work closely cross-functionally within Salesforce to drive joint initiatives on Ignite / Illuminate pursuits.
- Content / Collateral - Be accountable for the development of business case documents, visioning proposals, enterprise architecture artefacts, solution roadmaps and executive presentations.
- Work within a matrix-style organisation, collaborating across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Mentor and guide sales, pre-sales and customer resources on strategic opportunities.
- Participation in the delivery of solution best practices, Industry reference architectures and educational sessions to existing customers, partners and to internal audiences.
- Specialist program - Own the MuleSoft product specialist program which works with the product team on market trends, product gaps and feedback, as well as GTM strategy for new/emerging capabilities.
- Proven experience in creating, selling or implementing technology-based solutions
- Experience with Integration, Business applications, ERP and Infrastructure (as well as emerging technologies)
- Ability to identify and communicate the business value of technology evaluations
- Key experience in Digital Transformation, Strategy development
- Multi-year experience in either a software vendor or enterprise architecture disciplines
- Excellent experience in the principles of cloud based platforms and their place in an organisations IT strategy and enterprise architecture.
- Familiarity with solution selling or equivalent Sales Methodologies
- Deep experience working in one or more industries
- Familiarity with modern Digital Operating Models and Transformation programs
- Experience of architectural frameworks, principles and tools
- Familiarity with design thinking and or similar frameworks
- Familiarity with relevant industry (regional, vertical,) data privacy, security and compliance requirements for Cloud
Part of Salesforce, MuleSoft provides a widely used integration platform (https://www.mulesoft.com/platform/enterprise-integration) for connecting applications, data, and devices in the cloud and on-premises. MuleSoft's Anypoint Platform™ is a unified, single solution for iPaaS (https://www.mulesoft.com/lp/reports/gartner-magic-quadrant-ipaas) and full lifecycle API management (https://www.mulesoft.com/platform/api-management). Anypoint Platform, including CloudHub™ (https://www.mulesoft.com/platform/saas/cloudhub-ipaas-cloud-based-integration) and Mule ESB™ (https://www.mulesoft.com/platform/soa/mule-esb-open-source-esb), is built on proven open-source software for fast and reliable on-premises and cloud integration without vendor lock-in. Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.