Manager Privacy Compliance
Do work that matters:
Wealth, DCEO and Program Delivery (WDP) provides risk management to the Wealth Management, DCEO and Program Delivery businesses of CBA.
WDP Compliance sits within WDP but also operates within the broader Group Risk Management function. WDP Compliance aims to significantly reduce or remove the potential for WDP and its staff to be exposed to harm arising from compliance breaches. WDP Line 2 also helps protect WDP from the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems, or external events. It includes legal, regulatory, fraud, business continuity and technology risks but excludes strategic and reputational risks. Your role:
The Manager, Privacy Compliance
will operate in a role that provides a fantastic opportunity to make a difference by driving the privacy agenda within the business. WDP is looking for a dynamic specialist who will play a crucial role in assuring compliance with relevant privacy regulations and supporting Group-wide privacy governance. Business Outcomes:
The Manager, Privacy Compliance
will operate in a role that provides a fantastic opportunity to make a difference by driving the privacy agenda within the business. WDP is looking for a very experienced privacy professional with a detailed understanding of the privacy regulatory landscape and its practical application who will play a crucial role in assuring compliance with relevant privacy regulations and supporting Group-wide privacy governance. Responsibilities: Privacy Governance and Reporting
Privacy Risk Management Oversight and Advice
- Review and challenge adequacy of governance over privacy obligations within WDP
- Conduct independent review of the effectiveness of privacy risk management practices and the control environment within BU, and advise on areas of improvement
- Advise, review and challenge as necessary on privacy related reporting (including metrics and KRIs)
- Review and challenge privacy risk considerations in WDP strategic planning process in line with privacy risk appetite, escalating issues to the relevant governance forum where appropriate
- Understand the privacy regulatory landscape for the jurisdictions in which WDP operates
- Provide detailed, nuanced and practicable privacy advice in relation to a wide range of business activities
- Assist business to identify material privacy obligations and advise on strategies to comply with and continually monitor privacy obligations
- Review and challenge WDP responses to requests relating to personal information and privacy.
- Review and challenge the appropriateness of privacy risk assessments, quality of privacy controls and the portfolio of privacy risk profiles within WDP
- Review Line 1 material privacy risk mitigation including action plans and PIAs, and report on their effectiveness
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Personally role model the expected leadership behaviors and lead through our Vision and Values
- Effective and constructive contribution to WDP Line 2 Compliance and the broader Risk Management function, with a focus on collaboration and embedding a "One Risk Team" culture across the function
- Lead, coach and develop privacy capability across WDP Line 2, and WDP partners and their teams
Your path looks like
- Proven relevant privacy experience with a track record dealing with privacy related issues for organisations and/or government
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to apply privacy related obligations to complex situations.
- Substantial information governance and risk management experience as well as expert knowledge of data protection, privacy and risk management
- Detailed understanding of the privacy regulatory landscape, privacy dispute resolution and the importance of privacy to sound customer and organizational outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate independence, provide oversight and challenge senior management on decisions and processes regarding privacy, strategy and compliance
- Superior communication skills and the ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders
In this key role you will build strong relationships with key/senior Business personnel. You will be exposed to senior internal and external stakeholders including senior management.
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities, we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or into other leadership roles, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 26/11/2020