Network Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon is looking to hire Network Engineers to help deploy and automate one of the worlds largest and complex networks. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
Network Deployment & Scaling caters for growing our existing network. This is increasingly achieved through automation and a deep understanding of multiple fabrics to never leave a packet behind.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
• Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
• Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
• Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
• Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
• Create and implement changes on the network.
• Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field
• 5+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
• Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting or Perl/Python programming.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.