WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
PROCUREMENT AT IMC
- Establish and own the new Procurement function in APAC, ensuring we have the right policies and procedures in place including those related to vendor risk management
- Manage day-to-day procurement and sourcing processes across the company:
- Work with IT, Trading operations and Office Management to understand requirements and act as a Procurement business partner
- Assist in evaluating market options for various IT solutions
- Run competitive bidding processes and negotiate contracts
- Analyze and report on various usage and cost metrics to internal stakeholders to create awareness and validate usage
- Work with legal to track and understand updates/changes to market data policies
- Act as a project manager for specific sourcing related strategies
- Initiate and run contracting processes for various IT infrastructure related items:
- Negotiate price and terms in coordination with legal
- Manage contract end dates and look for ways to optimize IT spend
- Look for opportunities to improve contracting processes, reduce costs and consolidate efforts
- Build and maintain long term relationships with suppliers
- Meet regularly with suppliers to keep up to date with changes to products and other relevant business information
- Proactively source and assist in evaluation of new suppliers that may be advantageous for IMC
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Proactively look for new ways to reduce costs, increase automation, and focus on procurement value-add
- Collaborate with global teams to assess areas of overlap and opportunities to work on mutually beneficial projects
- Work with Finance to ensure proper budgeting and accounting collaboration
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years either in a Procurement function or a role with exposure to IT Procurement
- Ability to gather and analyze data to accurately record or make recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team
- Proactive and organized
- Excellent communication and project management skills
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC