See job description for details
Be a part of a large public sector organisation's Personnel and Payroll projects Your new company
A large organisation within the public sector is looking to hire a business focused Project Manager to play an integral part in their Personnel and Payroll business area. The projects so far include Extended LWOP Accrual, Payslip changes, Leave Conversion Automation, Anniversary Increments, Higher Duties Enhancement, Enhanced Reporting, Payroll Data Analytics, Blue and Grey Collar Business case, Flex changes, STP change. This is a 12 month contract with a view to extend. Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop, manage, and delivering medium-scale projects within programs of works across the Division.
- Deliver multiple projects within work programs, including managing the development of operational and project scopes, business cases, project submissions, communications and reporting, project scheduling, and resourcing, so projects are safely delivered on time, on budget, and specified scope and quality outcomes.
- Manage stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation, and issues management to ensure stakeholders are engaged throughout the program, and program deliverables are met.
- Develop detailed project budget, and forecast cash flows/milestones from the approved budget, recommend approval of costs and variations, monitor and control project costs and report on expenditure.
- Coordinate and communicate engineering alternatives/options to non-technical audiences to ensure the Agency can provide safe and commercially viable solutions to engineering problems.
- Facilitate development and approval of project-specific quality, safety, and environmental requirements, ensure compliance with all relevant safety and quality standards, facilitate environmental planning/approval and manage the implementation to ensure adherence to conditions of approval
- Determine project risks, develop a project risk management plan (RMP), facilitate the risk review process, and manage, monitor, and mitigate project risks through the RMP.
- Build productive, collaborative, and cooperative relationships within the team and with a wide variety of stakeholders and service providers to ensure best practice project management while delivering complex and challenging projects.
- Ensure projects managed are completed within required time frames and meet required outcomes and quality standards and are achieved at or below budget.
- Work across a range of disciplines to deliver consistently high-quality services.
The ideal candidate will be a business focused project manager having experience in managing complex programs or multiple interdependent projects preferably related to a large SAP HR/Payroll/ SAP Equip/Automation piece of work.
You should have a strong business acumen and have extensive experience with activities such as Planning, dependency& resource management, financial management, Vendor management (day to day, financials, commercials & procurement), Active Management of risks & issues, Status reporting & custom reporting for various stakeholder groups. What you'll get in return
In return, you get an opportunity to earn $1000 + super/day. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508