See job description for details
Scrum Master Opportunity for a large organisation in the Education Sector Your new company
A large organisation within the Education sector is looking to hire a Scrum Master to play an integral part in their Student Support and Lifecycle projects.The Scrum Master manages team-level agile practices for cross-functional, feature delivery teams. This includes sprint planning, stand ups, showcases, sprint reviews and retrospectives. The role works actively with the teams to increase adoption and skills within agile practices, as well as continually seeks improvements to agreed practices. As a servant leader, the role actively works to remove blockers to the team's progress.
The role works in close collaboration with the Product Owner and Delivery Manager to provide early visibility and transparency of delivery outcomes and ensure mutual alignment with program goals. The role works with the Release Manager and Test Manager regarding sprint planning to ensure overall delivery/quality outcomes. At the direction of the Delivery Manager, the role contributes to larger continuous development/continuous delivery activities. Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Work closely with the Product Owner to translate stories and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for developers
- Support the team to communicate technical and quality priorities to the Product Owner to ensure sufficient investment in the delivery capability
- Help the team agree on what they can achieve during each development sprint
- Help the team maintain their burndown chart
- Create and report on the development plan and the planning and delivery of a portfolio of work for the team
- Optimise the flow of value through facilitating effective ceremonies including daily stand ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives and backlog refinement
- Maintain predictable delivery, managing the flow of work and performance of the team
- Monitor and track progress towards Release and Sprint goals
- Hands on involvement in delivery as appropriate to ensure agile team goals and deliverables are met
- Take ownership of obstacles and blockers, protect sprint commitments, use continuous improvement techniques to remove bottlenecks in the delivery process
- Assist with planning and communication of releases, as required.
What you'll get in return
- 5+ years' experience working with a software development team that operated within Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience facilitating key ceremonies such as brainstorming sessions, inception workshops, planning, retrospectives, story writing & estimating sessions, stand ups, etc.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and driving continual improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to influence team culture and lead by example
- Strong multi-level stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Strong organisational/coordination skills
- Experience coaching in agile methodologies, techniques, systems and tools.
In return, you can earn $900+Super/day What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role or know of someone that may be, please click 'Apply Now' or forward an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. LHS 297508