Senior Cloud Support Engineer
Do you want to help support a product that is used by millions of customers every day? Are you passionate about delighting customers? Do you like digging deep into complex problems?
If the answer is yes, the Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) team wants to talk with you. ELB is a disruptive new service that offers customers incredibly scalable and robust load balancing technology.
The Elastic Load Balancing group within Amazon Web Services is looking for a Senior Support Engineer who will help us improve support for the next generation of industry leading load balancer service architected for the cloud.
Why should you join the Amazon ELB team?
• Customers use Elastic Load Balancers to integrate with other AWS services to bring elasticity, increased availability, and performance to their applications.
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
• Interact with leading engineers around the world.
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
• We are now designing and building the next generation of ELB systems capable of handling petabytes of data per day, and growing from there. This is a unique opportunity to help build large-scale systems from the ground up.
• We are building and operating one of the biggest cloud installations in the world and you could be part of it.
If this sounds great and you are up to the challenge, we'd love to hear from you. Amazon Web Services is changing the world, and this is a great opportunity to be a part of this exciting business.
For more information, visit the Amazon ELB detail page: http://aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years' experience in networking administration and troubleshooting.
• Strong knowledge of networking and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, DNS, TCP/IP, IPSEC).
• Strong knowledge of HTTP, reverse HTTP proxies, load balancers, and application servers.
• Demonstrated proficiency in networking principles (routing, switching, load balancing etc.). PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with Linux routing and firewall configuration and support including iptables and bpf.
• Experience configuring load balancers such as F5 BigIP, Citrix Netscalar, Linux Virtual Server, reverse HTTP proxies such as HAProxy, Nginx, Apache.
• Experience configuring and supporting devices such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, SonicWALL, Checkpoint, Palo Alto etc.
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
• Good understanding of security best practices.
• Good understanding of distributed computing environments and methodologies.