Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst Remediation Data and Decision Science (DDS) 12 Month Max Term /Secondment.
Through the delivery of quality analytics and insights, you will contribute to the management of the end-to-end governance framework to ensure products meet the standards to be manufactured and distributed to RBS customers, in a way that meets our customer's needs and expectation. See yourself in the team
The Data and Decision Science (DDS) team are responsible for driving an uplift in the Consumer Data and Analytics capability across the Retail Bank.
The team comprises of several functions and capabilities including NBC Design and Performance, Consumer Data Office, Delivery, Remediation, Advanced Analytics and Modelling, Data Science, Planning and Operations, and Risk and Regulatory Programs to support the goals of Group priorities.
The Remediation team is responsible for remediating our retail customers in a fair, transparent, efficient, timely and consistent way; in a manner that protects the fair and efficient operation of the market and engenders confidence in our products and services Roles and Responsibilities:
On any given day you will manage specific deliverables and analytical tasks related to remediation, investigations and control report building and maintenance
This role will require you to utilise advanced analytical skills using analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Teradata, R) in conjunction with large data sets to enable business leaders to make better decisions More specifically:
We are looking for someone who has a blend of strong technical abilities, problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively communicate insights to our key stakeholders.
As a Senior Analyst, you will be accountable for leading technical pieces of work and mentoring and coaching Analysts within the DDS Remediation team. End-to end ownership and delivery of data-driven remediation project
You will be accountable for end-to-end delivery of remediation projects by building analytical solutions and data models which would support timely closure of remediation items. This means you'll be comfortable with ambiguity and apply your technical knowledge (SQL) and experience to identify approaches and solutions. You will deliver insights and effective analytical models to a high quality and in a timely manner, while ensuring they are meaningful to all parties involved. You will also be familiar with working in a fast paced environment and are able to adapt and learn for any given business problem. Delivery of Customer remediation investigations and analysis
You will excel at the delivery of quality analysis and investigation of issues and Incidents related to incorrectly charged fees or interest due to bank error. You will be able to investigate each product within the suite of RBS manufactured and distributed products across Home Buying, Everyday Banking, Deposits, Credit Cards and Unsecured Lending. Actively contribute to the team culture and relationships with our stakeholders
You will actively contribute to the collaborative culture and thrive in a high performing team. You will leverage your own knowledge and skills to proactively offer suggestions and create the best outcome for our customers. In addition, you will also support business leaders to embed analytics in everyday business, as well as be their trusted advisor by providing deep insights and proactively offering solutions. Develop high quality insights and communicate effectively
You are able to present and visualize data and insights in meaningful, creative, and compelling ways that builds the team brand. You're able to translate complex analysis and insights into key messages to be presented back to the business (e.g. through working groups, demos, formal presentations). We are interested in hearing from you...
- Have intermediate/advanced SQL with experience working on Teradata
- Have experience with data analysis tools such as Python (preferred) R, SAS, SPSS, Hadoop (desirable)
- Have the ability to build and leverage effective internal and external relationships with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Are skilled in preparing presentations and documents to clearly and concisely communicate to management and stakeholders
- Have demonstrated strong commercial acumen, and experience in proactively and creatively utilising analytics to drive decision making
- Have demonstrated superior problem solving skills
- Have familiarity with financial service retail products including their features, how they are distributed to customers, the compliance and regulatory frameworks in which they operate in Australia, risk frameworks that apply to product management and operations (desirable)
- Have 4-6 years' experience working in roles involving data analysis, Management Information, operations or technical business analysis •
- Formal qualifications are not required, however relevant tertiary degree or diploma in Commerce, Business or Mathematics is desirable.
- You are analytical, strategic, and a forward thinking creative-problem solver, highly capable of working proactively within a team, leading by example, managing multiple projects simultaneously while navigating through ambiguity.
- You are passionate about customers and the opportunity to build trust and customer advocacy through data driven insights.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and focused on continuous improvement.
- You look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, thereby lifting the overall capability of the team.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 29/06/2021