- Sydney, New South Wales, Australien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Macquarie Group
- 20 Mär 19
Senior Data Centre Infrastructure Analyst
Senior Data Centre Infrastructure AnalystIn the role of a Data Centre (DC) Infrastructure Analyst you will be part of the Global Data Center Management team whose responsibility is the provision of suitable environments to host IT Infrastructure in Macquarie data centers and communication rooms globally.
You will need to be results and goals oriented to ensure that appropriate operational procedures and processes are adhered to in order to provide reliable build, operation, maintenance and inventory activities within the data center and communications rooms in accordance with business-based requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- design and implementation for data centre projects, office fit-outs, cabling systems and equipment housing globally (including the delivery of cabling specifications based on project requirements)
- review of architectural & engineering drawings pertaining to data center & office construction and fit-outs (includes provision of detailed commentary to Design Consultants, Engineers and Architects)
- manage cable patching / equipment rack & stack activities by both internal staff / external 3 rd Party resources
- provide project support and oversight of implementation work relating to any/all data center & office installations
- provide ongoing feedback into the current global standards deployed within the world-wide data centers based on emerging market trends
- manage standards and data center related change management activities
- assist with management of vendor relationships pertaining to data center operations and management
- assist with the management of DC IT infrastructure and its impact on electrical and mechanical systems, Network infrastructure and related capacities in conjunction with our internal facilities engineering team
- assist in the design stage for carrier services by providing supporting information related to riser diversity, carrier meet-me-rooms, base building carrier rooms, points-of-entry, conduit paths etc.
- coordinate physical delivery of carrier services into data center facilities. Manage and document usage of lead-in cabling infrastructure.
Your key technical skills will include:
- knowledge and understanding of cabling standards, installation practices and supporting infrastructure (preference for Commscope "Systimax" product experience)
- knowledge and understanding of DC supporting infrastructure such as redundant power path and UPS systems, HVAC, fire suppression, access controls
- ability for clear interpretation and accurate reading of architectural & engineering drawings
- technical appreciation of common platform technologies and architectures
- effective communication skills (written & oral) as you may need to work with remote global teams and/or with people at varying levels within the organisation.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the following link with your CV or please email email@example.com for further information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find our more at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program
Advertised: 13 Feb 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time