Senior Financial Architect, WWPS Customer Enablement
Do you have a passion for how organizations across different industries transform to become more agile and efficient in the cloud? Are you an expert in how companies can transform their financial management processes to take economic advantage of what the cloud has to offer? Would you like to be part of a team focused on working with customers to ensure they're leveraging the full economic potential of AWS through Cloud Financial Management / FinOps? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
Within AWS, the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Customer Enablement Organization is responsible for supporting Public Sector customers and partners in their journey to the cloud. Our vision is to promote long-term healthy AWS relationships by ensuring AWS WWPS customers and partners have the operational knowledge, best practices, processes, and mechanisms in place to effectively manage operational aspects of their AWS business.
As a Senior Financial Architect for the AWS WWPS Customer Enablement Organization, you will leverage your subject matter expertise to help transform the way customers purchase, manage, and optimize IT services as they adopt AWS technologies. You will build mechanisms to help customers understand and address challenges in their cost management practices, and will help enable the AWS field and Public Sector customers to be more effective at promoting cost optimization best practices. Your initial focus will be on creating the strategic framework and engagement model from which the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) organization will drive cost management initiatives for our customers. This will include partnering with Sales, Marketing, and Business operations to develop programs and processes to better enable our customers to take advantage of AWS products and services in the most cost-efficient manner.
You will work some of the largest and fastest growing public sector customers by engaging with their Enterprise IT, Operations, and Finance teams to implement best practices for cloud adoption while accessing all available cost savings. You must be a self-starter, comfortable working directly with customers, and experienced in leading cross-functional initiatives and programs.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop scalable programs and success metrics to drive initiatives around cost management best practices for the Worldwide Public Sector organization
• Partner with cross-functional teams including Sales, Lead Development, Marketing, and Business Operations to deliver on multiple optimization strategies along the customer lifecycle journey
• Develop a set of best practices that the organization and customers can leverage at scale
• Educate and enable customers with tools and best practices to successfully manage their cloud IT spend
• Serve as the subject matter expert around cloud financial strategies, procurement operations, cost management mechanisms, and cost-effective cloud architecture best practices
• Engage with technology leaders up to the CXO level, in order to drive strategic financial outcomes
• Creation, presentation, and implementation guidance on cost management reviews
• Evangelize cost management with customers, partners, and at various networking opportunities
• Communicate cost management best practices across both technical and non-technical leaders
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors Degree
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience implementing cloud cost management or cloud architecture programs
• Strong reporting and dashboarding skills including Excel, AWS Quicksight, Domo, Tableau or similar
• Experience in management consulting, IT transformation consulting, and/or business process improvement and design experience
• Experience engaging senior executives and strong executive presentation skills
• Exhibit sound business judgement, an ability to influence others, analytical skills, and a track record of taking ownership and influencing results PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Understanding of AWS product line or other Cloud offerings
• Strong business acumen, analytical, and with a degree of technical depth
• Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as leadership abilities
• An understanding of drivers that impact large-scale cloud migrations
• Experience driving high-impact projects spanning multiple teams and numerous stakeholders
• Experience working across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development, and training