Senior Java Engineer
Senior Java Engineer
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
HBAU IT is responsible for the management of system applications used by Global Businesses and Functions located in Australia and outsource offshore parties.
Within HBAU IT ADM, the Distributed Systems team is responsible for the development, maintenance and support for Java, Domino, File Transfer and other Server applications, excluding systems residing on mainframes and mid-range servers.
The Distributed Systems team consists of on-shore permanent and contract staff, and off-shore HSBC GLT staff.
The Senior Software Engineer role will work on one of the multiple programmes/projects running to support prioritised business deliveries.
- Working with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and how they translate into development delivery tasks.
- Estimating tasks in line with the definition of done
- Java development to coding standards including bank & industry standard patterns and practices.
- Thorough unit test coverage, Test Driven Development/Behaviour Driven Development
- Code documentation
- Peer code reviews
- Contribute to support issues where required
- Active in Agile meetings when required for planning, retrospectives
- Degree or similar educated.
- Proven experience in an IT Development environment with in-depth Java specialisation.
- Experienced in delivering projects within a team environment
- Relevant Java development experience
- Java 1.6 +
- Spring MVC and Spring Integration, IOC, Security
- Swing, JQuery
- J2EE JMS (MQ/Solace), JSP, RMI, Servlets, EJB, REST/SOAP, Web Services
- Unix/Linux shell scripting, sh, KSH
- XML, XSLT, XSD, JSON, XPath
- Maven releases
- Jenkins/TeamCity builds
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions. If applying from overseas please make this clear on your CV, otherwise it will be assumed you do not have this.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. #LI-HSBCRC