Senior Manager Compliance Advisory (Credit and Retail Products)
Do work that matters:
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world's best systems and processes.
RBS Risk Management is responsible for managing the Retail Bank's overall risk portfolio, ensuring RBS has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks. RBS Compliance sits within the broader Group Compliance function of CommBank, with a dotted reporting line to the RBS Chief Risk Officer. The Compliance Advisory team provides support to business stakeholders. Your role:
The Senior Manager Compliance Advisory Credit and Retail Products is responsible for providing innovative compliance support across credit and retail banking products. This role works as part of a team of expert compliance advisors supporting the retail Bank. You will work on credit and retail banking products, and will build relationships with colleagues across risk management and in the business. Your responsibilities: Risk management and compliance -
comply with the relevant OH&S policies, all other Group policies and procedures, and any relevant external legislative requirements. Advise on compliance with new and existing regulatory obligations, particularly Responsible Lending and Credit, Banking Code of Practice, and also Corporations Act , ASIC Act, Privacy laws, epayments code and other legislative obligations relevant to RBS. Draft compliance input for the Risk and Compliance Committees and attend sub-committees as Line 2 Compliance Rep. Internal and External Customer Service-
provide timely, high quality compliance advice, support and guidance. Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with business and compliance colleagues and provide constructive challenge and risk analysis to mitigate regulatory risks. Provide strategic insights and effective advice to assist in enabling ongoing improvement of Compliance Management Framework and other tools and policies. Advise and assist business stakeholders with remediation activities. Contribution to business/profit -
Regulatory compliance advice based on deep understanding of RBS strategy, products and processes. Excel in customer service and provide support to RBS stakeholders and Group functions. Ensure efficient and effective operations and procedures. Generate improvements in regulatory risk profile and/or regulatory costs by effective delivery of project outcomes and high quality stakeholder management. Deliver on any required cost management or productivity initiatives We're interested in hearing from people who have:
Your path looks like
- Excellent knowledge of financial services law and practice, including ASIC Act, Corporations Act, Code of Banking Practice, privacy, credit law and responsible lending regulations, e-payments Code, competition law, fair trading, and other relevant financial services regulations
- Excellent commercial knowledge of retail banking products, processes, customers and distribution
- Ability to constructively challenge to ensure that RBS continues to meet regulatory expectations and risk appetite
- Outstanding relationship skills, including the ability to engage a variety of internal stakeholders to achieve business and risk management objectives
- Excellent risk management and judgement capability, and the ability to make sound decisions
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management skills and ability to inspire others to action
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to produce a range of communications, including customer documents
This role offers the opportunity to gain experience in a very high profile team working with all retail bank product and distribution teams. The high profile nature of the work provides exposure to senior leaders and insights into business strategy.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 26/11/2020