See job description for details
Join a large Academic Management Program Your new company
A large organisation within the Education space is looking for a Senior Project Manager to play an integral part in their Academic Management project. Academic Management is the business capability of defining Product and assessing viability, then consuming through education planning and subsequent student management for progression and award.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Working with the SMS Program Academic Management Product Manager. Define and manage the planning and delivery of the integrated Academic Management solution through the full solutions delivery lifecycle to ensure completion within budget, on time and within agreed scope.
- Lead, manage and guide teams and specialists as required on an adhoc or matrix basis to ensure project outcomes are achieved.
- Develop and execute project management plans including leading on planning for interrelated projects and sub components in line with Systems Group and organisational standards and frameworks.
- Develop and implement appropriate change controls to ensure 'minimal' impact and/or disruption to the business, ensuring sensitive coordination of activities occurs.
- Provide guidance on and apply Systems Group projects delivery governance processes, to ensure project teams and stakeholders have a clear understanding of their roles and that the required project management standards, decision making and escalation processes are implemented.
- Provide effective project management tracking and reporting on costs, time, resourcing and benefits tailored to stakeholder needs, proactively identifying risks and issues and facilitating mitigation/resolution strategies.
- In collaboration with the Solutions Delivery program management team, develop and implement stakeholder and team communication strategies ensuring effective engagement, coordination and management of inter dependencies across projects and project components to achieve intended outcomes.
- Effectively manage engagement and performance of vendors and other external specialists ensuring value and high standards of governance are maintained to achieve project objectives.
- Contribute to and perform a range of activities informing and supporting broader program/project management strategies including input to briefs, business cases, presentations, project evaluations and continuous improvement initiatives.
- The Academic Management work stream is integrated with a number of business initiatives that requires a coordinated approach at the executive management level as well as the delivery level with business stakeholders. Timeline alignment and inter dependencies across initiatives will be critical to the delivery success.
What you'll get in return
- Prince 2 certification or other relevant project management qualification or equivalent demonstrated experience implementing recognised project management methodology.
- Minimum 5 years recent experience delivering major or large scale Systems Group solutions projects to meet business needs in a complex organisational change environment.
- Education domain knowledge would be of significant advantage to understand the Business concepts and support the Business change. Cloud hosted solutions, integration and data migration are some of the Technical awareness would be advantageous.
- Experience in delivering Systems Group solutions projects across full lifecycles with experience within the Education domain and Student Lifecycle (desirable).
In return you can get the opportunity to earn $1100 + GST/day. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508