See job description for details
Join a multi-year Cyber Security Program within a large public sector organisation. Your new company
A large organisation within the Public sector is looking for a Project Manager to work as the technical lead on major new cyber security initiatives as part of their multi-year Cyber security Program as well as uplifting existing the security posture of technologies within our BAU operations team. Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Work closely with Cyber Security Governance and Operations teams, Identity Management, Infrastructure Operations and Vendors to implement Technical Solutions.
- Manage the Cyber security project including maintaining the project plan, planning and managing resources, monitoring risks, timelines and critical paths, meeting internal project reporting requirements, and delivering agreed outcomes within fixed timelines.
- Manage and deliver Cyber security business analysis activities including the redesign, definition, documentation and testing of functional and technical specifications, ensuring transparency, rigour, usability and accessibility.
- Provide budget management support including processing invoices, monitoring spending, managing contracts and making recommendations to ensure that the project meets all outcomes within budget.
- Manage the Cyber security delivery team and supplier relationships to establish and maintain performance standards and deliver project outcomes.
- Support engagement with external stakeholders including academic and advisory groups, auditors and other electoral jurisdictions to coordinate activities, document outcomes, collect requirements, follow-up on actions and provide expert input into the development of specifications to meet business requirements.
- Adhere to minimum project management standards for the management and delivery of the Cyber security Project.
What you'll get in return
- 10+ year complex project management experience preferably within Cyber security domain
- Tertiary qualifications and Project Management Professional certification.
- Strong background in cyber security, knowledge of The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) Essential 8 and a strong understanding of industry-wide security standards and compliance frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and GDPR.
- Experience in successfully managing large scale business critical projects across the software development lifecycle.
- Experience leading business analysis activities to design and deliver functional and technical specifications.
- Proven track record in managing and delivering on the expectations of external stakeholders.
- Politically neutral with no affiliation to political parties or lobbyists/campaigners.
- Working within a legislative / regulatory environment
- Process analysis, design and development (as-is and to-be)
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) preparation and oversight
- Experience with web design / digital projects
- workshop facilitation including a diverse range of stakeholders (including external suppliers)w
- Demonstrable project management / stream management experience
- Ability to work unsupervised to meet agreed deadlines
In return you get an opportunity to join a multi-year Cyber Security program in a large public sector organisation and earn $1300/day What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508