Senior Tax Consultant
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for an experienced tax professional for a unique tax advisory role covering Australia and New Zealand. The role will be based at IBM's Head Office in George Street, Sydney and will report to the Australia & New Zealand Country Tax Manager.
The Senior Tax Consultant will have an exceptional track record within the tax advisory space and a clear drive to execute complex projects. In addition to strong technical skills, you will also have project management experience, with the ability to take ownership and direct multiple workstreams to completion within agreed timelines. What will I be doing?
The Senior Tax Consultant will have responsibility for the following areas:
What experience will I need?
- Liaising with local tax authorities and government agencies on tax reviews and audits and building a good working relationship with the tax authorities. Preparing and/or reviewing tax papers including ruling requests, position papers, objections and legal briefs on a range of issues. Liaising with and developing good working relationships with external tax and legal advisors.
- Researching, analysing and implementing tax legislation changes and advising on corporate activities including global or regional M&A, divestiture and integration projects working closing with the regional Asia Pacific tax team and US headquarters ("regional team & HQ").
- Acting as a trusted business advisor providing practical tax solutions to senior management, business units, support functions and the regional team & HQ on financial and operational issues covering direct & indirect taxes, withholding taxes, transfer pricing, employment taxes, stamp duty and any other relevant taxes.
- Working closing with the tax operational teams to ensure end-to-end implementation of tax advisory projects by integrating key outcomes into tax effect accounting, internal reporting and external compliance obligations.
Sign me up!
- The Senior Tax Consultant will have a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in tax environment (both income and indirect taxes) including substantial experience with a Big Four Firm or reputable MNC; US MNC would be a plus. This role would suit a Manager/Senior Manager looking to make a move into a internal role.
- You will have a Masters of Tax, CPA certificate, Law Degree or equivalent.
- Able to translate technical tax requirements & strategies into business impacts for senior management and regional team & HQ.
- A self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and take ownership of the projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as above
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as above