Sr SA Manager, Financial Services
Amazon is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders. We try new things and dream big dreams. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are inventing the future of cloud computing. AWS is where the cloud first came to life. Now we're inventing for the decades ahead. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers. Come join us and work with the latest cloud computing technologies that enable our customers to do more with their technology and change the world in their respective industries.
We are looking for experienced and motivated customer facing leaders to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects in the Financial Services Industry. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring FSI Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Experience in helping large financial service companies move to cloud. Understand and can navigate the complexities of dealing with security, risk and governance in a regulated industry
A builder who still likes to be hands on! In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation. The ideal candidate will have past experience working with customers or similar role and leading architecture teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates"
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and Support
• Ability to travel up to 30% as needed
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or 10+ year's work experience in technical role in lieu of no Bachelor's degree.
• 10+ year's management of technical, enterprise customer facing resources.
• 10+ year's working in Financial Services Industry
• 10+ years' experience in software design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications.
• 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for leading diverse teams.
• Work experience in Banking, Capital Markets, Payments, Insurance, or other segments within the Financial Services Industry.
• In-depth knowledge of one or more Financial Services domains such as Payment processing, Core Banking, Core Insurance, Front and Middle Office Trading, Enterprise Risk Management, and Anti Financial Crime.
• Exposure to Financial Services Governance, Compliance, and Risk management requirements covering security and privacy.
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
• Experience architecting and operating cloud-based solutions. AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Experience leading teams in technology, software sales or pre-sales consulting.