Systems Development Engineer- AWS internet edge capacity
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented Systems Development Engineer for the Internet Edge Capacity team in Sydney, Australia. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks, and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand globally.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class systems. Systems Development Engineers work hand-in-hand with Software Development teams and Network Engineers to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Systems Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think proactively and with innovation keeping customer needs at the forefront.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within the earth most customer centric company.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficient in Python/Perl/Java and database technologies
• Track record of designing and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience architecting/deploying/operating solutions built on AWS
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required
• In depth experience in working with Linux/Unix environments
• Knowledge of major networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in building well-defined RESTful APIs
• Experience in backend and frontend web development
• Knowledge of the general Internet peering/transit ecosystem
• Experience in managing customer user stories, backlog, sizing feature requests and sprint planning and delivery
• Excellent analytical skills