Technical Business Analyst - Staff Channels
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be critical in positioning HSBC Australia for setting up process automation within HSBC's Staff Channels team. WPB Digital Business Services Information Technology provides technology solutions to support the Australia businesses and Australia functions in HSBC. We are seeking an experienced professional to join the ASP Regional team in the position of Technical Business Analyst, mainly responsible for projects for the Staff Channels systems to develop Process Automation on existing manual process in branch by translating business requirements into technical documentation. Responsibilities:
• Technical documentation such as technical specs, requirements specs and architectural workflows
• Ensure technology solutions are aligned with the Groups enterprise architecture
• Complete project work stream deliverables including quality control/sign off for area of accountability
• Analyse and document business/functional processes and requirements using standard analysis methodologies and tools, and convert business needs into functional designs using knowledge of system capabilities, rules, and architecture and lead business stakeholders towards functional design decisions
• Identify project delivery issues and risks, assist with mitigation strategies, and escalate where necessary
• Participate in the design and implementation with HSBC business, IT, and 3rd party vendor teams
• Provide support and participate in testing activities including unit testing, BA testing and system testing and provide on-going assistance to support teams for functionality released into production Qualifications Requirements:
• Extensive progressive Digital / Banking or FinTech experience as a Business Analyst
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, finance, information technology or equivalent experience
• Advanced flowcharting knowledge / Six Sigma is advantageous
• Solid understanding of Digital based banking propositions, systems, processes and operational risk
• Strong experience working on technology enabled projects, agile ways of working and solution delivery lifecycles
• Strong experience in Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal etc.
• Strong experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automation.
• Strong business acumen and ability to continually make prioritisation decisions and build consensus.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.